Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Gold nugget found in Yuma backyard???
Posted by: scooper77515
Date: December 01, 2011 07:23PM
My folks just moved into a house in a Yuma neighborhood, homes are about 8-10 yrs old.

Their next door neighbor's dad is an old gold panner, and came to their house for Thanksgiving and was metal detecting in the back yard, and found a real-to-life gold nugget!!!

So when I told my folks I was bringing my detector to Yuma for Christmas, they got all excited for me.

So, is this common? To find a gold nugget randomly in a yard in Yuma, Arizona?

We will also be visiting the Grand Canyon, and driving around the state. Where else would I likely find treasure?

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
'91 White's Eagle II SL w/BLUE MAX Deep Scan 950 coil (hand-me-down, just starting to learn how to use it!)

Re: Gold nugget found in Yuma backyard???
Date: December 01, 2011 07:37PM
Would I have just as good a luck in empty lots, undeveloped properties near the neighborhood, etc? Or was this nugget most likely brought in with fill dirt?

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
'91 White's Eagle II SL w/BLUE MAX Deep Scan 950 coil (hand-me-down, just starting to learn how to use it!)

Posted by: john4840
Date: December 01, 2011 09:51PM
From what I understand people have found gold in every county of Arizona. Sounds like you could have have some fun at your parents house.

John

Posted by: leroy1937
Date: December 02, 2011 07:34AM
north of Yuma there are old gold mines

Good things well come to those who wait
I'M STILL WAITING
yuma az in winter
NM state parks in summer time
From Wis

Date: December 02, 2011 12:26PM
Any idea if we are allowed in or near the mines?

Wow! Now I am REALLY excited to take my detector with me!

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Posted by: Marcus Detectus
Date: December 02, 2011 06:41PM
Use the good ole net to research some info. Also as suggested by others previously, check Google Earth for signs of prior use of the area. If used efficiently, the net has become one of the best tools dirt fisherman can have.

USN/USNRTC San Diego
"I Swept"_"I Heard"_"I Dug"
Sorus Armus_Et_Maxis_Findum

Date: December 03, 2011 09:42PM
Has someone deleted some posts? And why does this thread keep becoming un-"followed" by my account?

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Date: December 25, 2011 08:43AM
Didn't find gold in the backyard, but cleaned it up of nails.

My dad and I went off road, up into the mountains, found a mine, and started scanning the grounds around it. Apparently, the locals come out here and shoot, because most of what we have found so far is just bullet lead and brass.

Still looking. And must be the right place, because some guy is scanning the same area, and is living in his RV right here in the wash, down from Canada...

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Date: December 25, 2011 03:37PM
I think I found two silver nuggets. Heavy, and I thought they were lead, but won't mark on paper.

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login