Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Doesn't it just ruin your day when.....
Posted by: david bull
Date: February 12, 2012 01:06PM
You're out searching for that elusive blue pulltab, you get that perfect pulltab tone and out of the ground pops one of these that someone has carelessly discarded!

Re: Doesn't it just ruin your day when.....
Posted by: Steve O
Date: February 12, 2012 01:19PM
Yes, it messes up my whole week. Damn gold rings with diamonds.

Date: February 12, 2012 01:32PM
I read somewhere that if you accumulate enough of them(I forget how many) that they actually have some scrap value!

Posted by: Sailorman
Date: February 12, 2012 04:06PM
The trash we have to dig up to make a decent find.....sheesh! My condolences.:blink:

Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher Gold Bug 2, 2 Pro Pointers and a probe rod.

Posted by: wasp
Date: February 12, 2012 08:05PM
It is annoying that people carelessly and inconsiderately drop jewelry in the very areas we are trying to clear of tabs and can slaw......downright rude! Makes for more work for all of us.

Don't let that discourage you David.....you WILL find those tabs you are so dilligently seeking. Endeavor to persevere.

Wasp

Whites V3i, Sunray DX-1
Whites DFX
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Garrett Pro-Pointer

Oh yea..when I'm on a roll digging perfectly good tabs
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 12, 2012 08:48PM
only to be foiled by a nce Diamond ring............. :rofl:

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: DESERT DOG
Date: February 13, 2012 01:18PM
:please::please:

Posted by: alvin-xlt
Date: February 13, 2012 04:26PM
yea, thqat just frys my butt seeing that gold come out of the ground, congrats on a very nice piece. hh

Posted by: Sailorman
Date: February 13, 2012 06:32PM
You know, if you want to get a great collection of pulltabs without any pesky rings getting in the way I have some great spots I can show you!

Garrett AT-Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher Gold Bug 2, 2 Pro Pointers and a probe rod.

Date: February 13, 2012 09:00PM
You'd think by now someone would've developed a detector that will tune out the gold trash and still find the valuable pulltabs,but from what I've read you have to dig it all!

Posted by: Smudge
Date: February 14, 2012 08:42AM
Yeah, that really grinds my gears!

I'll bet that thing was masking a perfectly good bottle cap too!

De-activated at members request

Posted by: Lightstryder
Date: February 15, 2012 08:16AM
Well I tell you what, since I feel sorry for you I will send you my pulltab collection and I will take the loss if you send me that ring. :rofl:
Well done my friend!

:tesoro: Tej

Posted by: detecterx
Date: February 15, 2012 09:11PM
Strange thing is I tend to find gold trash in close proximity to trash cans. I guess they went for a hoop shot and got rimmed...

HH,

Tom

Minelab explorer se pro (main)
Minelab e-trac
Minelab safari
Whites xlt e
Garrett ace 250

I am like most true hunters, I get up early and hope to get a few bucks. Coins or horns works out either way.

Posted by: Woodchuck
Date: February 16, 2012 12:22AM
It just blows the rest of day digging, when you find something like that, I my self like the red pulltabs

DIGGING in the GRASS!....Detector Heaven is being able to get out and metal detect. All detectors are NOT created equally, just like man !
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
CURRENT Arsenal :, Whites E series XLT w/ 3 coils
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PREVIOUSLY OWNED !:2 Whites Spectrum ( Rainbow) XLTs, Whites Prizm V, Whites IDX w/mods, Whites Quantum Pro XL,Troy Shadow X3, Fisher 1236X2, Tesoro Deleon,2 Fisher F5s, Fisher F2, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher Gold Bug, Minelab X Terra 305, Garrett AT Pro, Treasure Baron Cointrax II, Fisher 1270,Whites Classic II S, BH Time Ranger,(Troy Shadow(lady) X2 ONE of best detector ever made),Red Heat MK 2,Fisher 1225 X,Bandido II,Conquistador,Compadre,Deeptech Vista Gold,Baron Cointrax II again 4 coils,Cutlass II juMax,Cutlass II uMax,king Cobra,Minelab Musketeer X,Tesoro Eldorado,AT Pro again,Teknetics Omega 8000,Whites IDX Pro,Tesoro Cibola,,Cscope CS 5MXP,Coinmaster GT,Whites M6,Tesoro Deleon,Troy Shadow X2,Tesoro Golden uMax, Troy X3,Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Amigo II, Whites IDX
############################################################################
Have you ever wondered if ? If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.
*************************************************************************************************
Best Finds To Date : 1 Silver ring, 1 Andrew Jackson Dollar Coin, 2 Satchewea Dollar Coins, 1 1988 Kennedy Half Dollar Coin,1 20" mens silver anchor chain .925,1 Tugsten BandIVLife Mens wedding ring,I gold chain and cross 14KT,and 1 mens gold wedding band 10KT,1 large .925 womens earring,1 14KT thin gold mens ring with initials, 1 417 (10KT) gold religious ring with sm ruby
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A woodchuck - would chuck - as much wood - as a woodchuck - could chuck - if a woodchuck could chuck wood. But unfortunately, woodchucks do not chuck wood.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: edjcox
Date: February 21, 2012 01:32AM
Everytime I find one my wife says its hers... Wonder where she gets all f them and why she drops them for me to find...???:rofl:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login