Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Confederate Belt Buckle
Posted by: Kenny Ray in La.
Date: February 12, 2012 03:13PM
I stumbled onto what I think was a Confederate campsire last thursday.I found bullets everywhere, 3 buttons, 3 indian head pennies, a slver thimble, a whole harmonica (rusty) but still held together with rivets, knapsack hook and a lot more stuff.Does anyone know the value of the buckle if I ever should want to part with it ? Thanks in advance on any info on the buckle...:clapping:

Re: Confederate Belt Buckle
Posted by: david bull
Date: February 12, 2012 04:48PM
Where's the other half?It would be hard to identify with just that half.Great find no less! DBULL

Date: February 12, 2012 05:04PM
I went back the last three days and found a lot of bullets and everything else but not the other half of the buckle...

Posted by: bob.oz
Date: February 12, 2012 06:17PM
As a harp player.....got a pic of it/...is it an old one???? sounds like some nice finds are still to be found there..

Posted by: Hank68
Date: February 12, 2012 09:13PM
Post it on the civil war forum maybe they can help, Hank, congrats

Posted by: Jeff In North Georgia
Date: February 13, 2012 11:32AM
I have a plain tongue I found about a year ago. Been back to the same site three times but no luck finding the receiver like this one.

Best of luck!
Jeff

Date: February 13, 2012 04:59PM
I went back today but no other half of belt buckle yet.This has to be a virgin campground cause you can't walk 3 steps without getting a hit...:clapping:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login