Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Comparing entry level detectors to higher end machines:
Posted by: Hank68
Date: February 18, 2012 07:37PM
Somestimes its all about being in the right place at the right time!

Posted by: jmaryt
Date: February 18, 2012 10:13PM
absolutely the truth!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Posted by: jmaryt
Date: February 18, 2012 10:23PM
this is true,and an outstanding short money detector it is!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Posted by: kai_gold
Date: February 19, 2012 07:13PM
The difference is often minimal in shallow modern areas with the exception of faster response detectors that will work better in the trash. So if that is all a person is interested in then there is little need for a high end detector. If, however, you enviously watch videos of the guys pulling out a lot of old silver coins and relics, then take note of the metal detectors they are using. There is a reason they are using mid to high end detectors. Better depth, better id at depth, recovery time, stability in mineralization all come to mind. Metal detecting depth is measured in inches not usually feet so every extra inch is important. IMHO

Posted by: imi_wakaranai
Date: February 19, 2012 07:26PM
Nicely summarized
kai_gold
The difference is often minimal in shallow modern areas with the exception of faster response detectors that will work better in the trash. So if that is all a person is interested in then there is little need for a high end detector. If, however, you enviously watch videos of the guys pulling out a lot of old silver coins and relics, then take note of the metal detectors they are using. There is a reason they are using mid to high end detectors. Better depth, better id at depth, recovery time, stability in mineralization all come to mind. Metal detecting depth is measured in inches not usually feet so every extra inch is important. IMHO

Posted by: Steve (TX)
Date: February 19, 2012 09:05PM
Smudge hit the nail on the head!

Posted by: Mtnmn
Date: February 20, 2012 08:55PM
Was reading a post on one of our other forums in which a gentleman said there is a place for even entry level detectors which is why he would never get rid of his F-2. Today I found out why, on a whim I took the Coinmaster to a spot where because of extremely severe EMI issues, my two higher end detectors were almost unusable. I knocked the sensitivity down two notches on the Coinmaster and it went thru that area like a piece of cake. Now I know what the gentleman meant when he said there is a place for even entry level detectors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login