Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
New Metal Detecting Reality TV Show
Posted by: Critterhunter
Date: March 04, 2012 01:03PM
I caught a show last night on I think the National Geographic channel where they followed two guys around hunting. I think it was called Diggers and is a new reality TV show following them. A few things...First, they dug some real ugly holes that could give our hobby a bad name. Second, they kept coming up with phrases and terms that they said were used (I guess they were saying that) in the hobby. Terms like "juice" meaning something good in the hole. That was a new one for me. I didn't really care for the show. Also, I think they were using Bounty Hunters (?). Seems like they should be using top of the line Minelabs.

mining members for own forum

Re: New Metal Detecting Reality TV Show
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 04, 2012 01:18PM
You must have missed this thread: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1647565

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030, :whites: V3i, :whites: Pro XL :tesoro: Cibola/modified

Posted by: McDave
Date: March 04, 2012 01:19PM
No comment !

http://www.youtube.com/user/MNcoinhunter
Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett AT Pro
White's Coinmaster 5H/DM G.E.B.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 01:20PM by McDave.

HaHa! Critter! you are late to the party! :rofl:N/T
Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: March 04, 2012 01:20PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Detecting is the study of Humans interaction with topography, the untrustworthyness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the earth from whence it came.

Critter.....The show you saw was a rerun from The 28th of February I believe.
Posted by: Elton
Date: March 04, 2012 02:11PM
..............They used Garrett At pro's not Bounty Hunters.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 02:15PM by Elton.

And as many have said, it has not helped promote the best image for the hobby:sadwalk:N/T
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: March 04, 2012 03:22PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: osgood
Date: March 04, 2012 07:18PM
I was sick the immediate first few days after the show, (not because of it, a gi bug maybe?) and didnt get to comment before the thread was stopped. I think most said it all, there is certainly somethings that could be changed on the show to better educate the public and put forth a better image to the public of MD hobbyist. I am a serious hunter and certainly was eager to see the finds come up, but because of the personalities portrayed and the antics it seemed to me after all a boring show that I think wont last. When Im a field 8 hours straight of course it isnt some super find every 5 mins, it is in some respects an introspective private time, almost meditation like. A cool coin or token yes is rewarding but not a necessity to every hunt. I never sit there at the end of the day with a calculator and total my spoils. Of course I could go on, Im done. Good Hunts all, Spring is right close now in the NE. CO

Posted by: jmaryt
Date: March 04, 2012 07:26PM
yes! it's close! i'm in agreement with what you touched upon!
your description is "dean nuts" on!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: March 04, 2012 08:45PM
Hi Critterhunter,As Elton said in his post,Garrett machines were used, I have no idea of what any of their input was, if any,but it is likely to now be very regrettable.Archaeoligist world wide are already having a ball with that piece of new Ammo they can use against Detectorists'.As the saying goes,"the_ _ _ _ hit the fan" once again, which gives new meaning to one favorite and authentic detecting term we are all familuar with. That Nat Geo piece can only be described as a POS. Nuff said! HH, Charlie

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.