Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Thought I Would Share This:clapping:
Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: April 15, 2017 09:41AM
I usually don't relic hunt by myself because at 70 about anything can happen unexpectedly. Anyway, yesterday I went by myself to an area that was pretty much exposed from the road and the owner's home. After about 3 hours, here comes the owner. Seems like he had finished mowing his yard, took a shower, took his wife out to eat and he comes home and my car is still in his driveway and he can't see me anywhere. He starts looking for me thinking that maybe something is wrong. He finds me and breathes a sigh of relief. I thought this was very commendable for him to do this because we are living in a world now where most people don't care about their fellow man. In my book, this person is a fine gentleman !! I wish there were more people like him.

Agree with you 100%... A fine man.N/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: April 15, 2017 10:31AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Re: Thought I Would Share This:clapping:
Posted by: woody
Date: April 15, 2017 09:01PM
You are absolutely right.

Posted by: hawgdawg
Date: April 16, 2017 08:19AM
A good man indeed. And glad he found you doing well. Hope you had a productive hunt.

Posted by: ken ward
Date: April 16, 2017 10:03AM
Did you give him an ice cream cone ? KEN :clapping:

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: always diggin 2
Date: April 16, 2017 09:43PM
them people are few and far between...

Started detecting Oct 2010 w/Tracker 4; March 2011 upgraded to F2; Compadre; Leashe; Makro PP; F44

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 17, 2017 04:36PM
There are many good people in the world---and very many Bad peoples.

Glad you were OK Richard.
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: April 17, 2017 04:56PM
What a great world it would be if everyone cared. If everyone would just smile and ask how are you? That would be nice. It is just the little thing that can make a big difference. We all need to slow down and take the time. Think about it where are we really going?

Posted by: pplinker
Date: July 06, 2017 04:22PM
Time sure gets away from you when you're metal detecting. You must have been finding some stuff and lost track of time.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: playsndirt
Date: August 21, 2017 02:57PM
Im also 70 ,a few months ago my pacemaker went crazy on me,shock the heck out of me 5 times, lucky for me i was at a park and a man with his daughter was close by and help me.thank GOD. Now i dont go by myself or with out my phone. Im glad there are people who do care about there fellow man. first I could talk about it.

Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 21, 2017 04:13PM
Glad of a good outcome, Playsndirt. God bless those people who helped you. Stay safe!

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Posted by: slingshot
Date: August 26, 2017 10:36AM
I am so thankful for my health at 70. I know we guys appreciate it the more Heaven draws near.

Posted by: Blind Squirrel
Date: August 26, 2017 12:08PM
Doc holiday232, I think that the good people, by far, outnumber the bad people. We see and hear about the bad ones on the "news" and in the papers while the good deeds and charitable activities are unpublicized. Just my opinion. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login