Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Nexus Detectors
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: May 22, 2017 03:35PM
I am looking to make contact with fellow Nexus users.

My everyday Induction Balance VLF detector is the updated Nexus MP. Nexus is a small family run company in the same mould as the Nautilus. Like the Nautilus, Nexus have produced a super deep seeking detector with good discrimination at depth in the Nexus MP.

Again, like Nautilus, Nexus doesnt advertise and their detectors are analogue with manual controls for Threshold, Sensitivity, Volume, Discrimination level and Ground Balance. In addition there are extra controls to handle severe mineralisation.

Some users may have difficulty with the Nexus if they have only used digital detectors and I would like to help anyone in this category.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: kajunman
Date: May 22, 2017 07:24PM
I've never heard of Nexus detectors. The Detech Chaser is another detector that I thought would be getting more attention but I don't see them advertise anywhere. And very few video's in English make it hard to understand what's being said.

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 23, 2017 12:58AM
I use 2 Nexus machines,a Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil and also a later MP with the 8x6'',10'' and the ultra deep 14''x12'' coil,the MP is not a switch on and go machine but once mastered not many if any detector can touch them for depth,they are phenomenally deep machine.Certainly encroaching on GPX territory but with the added bonus of having full discrimination as well at the depth.

Would make a amazing CW relic machine with the large coil and also they have just released a new selection as well including DD and the long awaited Concentric coils which have amazing iron rejection capabilities,the extra large Concentric coils upto 40'' in dia will be on sale in the next few months as well.

Only 2 machines i use these days are the Deus and the Nexus MP.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: May 23, 2017 07:57AM
The Nautilus DMC-IIB is a very good deep seeking detector (I have a collection of Nautilus detectors) and always rated it as the best but the Nexus MP is just all round better in depth, discrimination, and because it has extra controls for mineralisation can also be used on highly mineralised ground. I would think anyone who has enjoyed the use of the Nautilus will really rate the Nexus MP.

Happy Hunting

Georgi Chausev makes the Nexus
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 23, 2017 02:59PM
and you can get info. on the units, & Georgi at garysdetecting (UK).
http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/

Re: Nexus DetectorsN/T
Posted by: Sven
Date: May 23, 2017 04:21PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: May 24, 2017 02:15AM
I had the Credo DDM, just moved it on a few weeks ago.
It just doesn't compare to more modern detectors.
It was only deeper on the largest of coins and bigger relics, on small coins etc it was very very poor and could easily call them iron.
I tested it many times along side the GM5+ and later the Rutus Alter 71.
On a Victorian penny, my soil with the 10" coil it was around 1" deeper than a GM5+ with the 12"x10" coil fitted. But at depth the GM5+ could ID the penny correctly with confidence, the Nexus couldn't, and you would have to spend ages going over and around the target to try and get a positive hit from it.
In a trashy area it was a no go, coil too big, too slow and couldn't separate anywhere near the other machines.
The only place it worked well was a hunted out field, you could pick up a few bits that you may have missed. But it was too slow and laborious, much easier to wait for the landowner to plough the field and bring it back to life, while your off enjoying your other machines on a different piece of ground!

Date: May 24, 2017 03:19AM
The Credo DDM is now the entry level machine with Nexus and cannot be compared to the updated MP which is their top of the range detector. The Credo-DDM is less than half the price of the MP.

quote=hairymonsterman]
It was only deeper on the largest of coins and bigger relics, on small coins etc it was very very poor and could easily call them iron.
On a Victorian penny, my soil with the 10" coil it was around 1" deeper than a GM5+ with the 12"x10" coil fitted. But at depth the GM5+ could ID the penny correctly with confidence, the Nexus couldn't, and you would have to spend ages going over and around the target to try and get a positive hit from it.
In a trashy area it was a no go, coil too big, too slow and couldn't separate anywhere near the other machines.
The only place it worked well was a hunted out field, you could pick up a few bits that you may have missed. But it was too slow and laborious, much easier to wait for the landowner to plough the field and bring it back to life, while your off enjoying your other machines on a different piece of ground![/quote]

Happy Hunting

Date: May 24, 2017 03:56AM
You asked for Nexus users, i didn't think you were being model specific.
Im not comparing the 2 models, just giving my opinion on a detector Nexus is asking €899 for.
Im sure the MP is deeper than the Credo, but in my opinion thats the only hand they hold, run a 'head to head' on any other aspect other than depth with the top models in their price range (€1995) and see how they fair.

Before i bought my Credo i read on Gary's forum where he said "if they were as good as claimed, everyone would own one"

filternozzle
The Credo DDM is now the entry level machine with Nexus and cannot be compared to the updated MP which is their top of the range detector. The Credo-DDM is less than half the price of the MP.

quote=hairymonsterman]
The only place it worked well was a hunted out field, you could pick up a few bits that you may have missed. But it was too slow and laborious, much easier to wait for the landowner to plough the field and bring it back to life, while your off enjoying your other machines on a different piece of ground!
[/quote]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 04:02AM by hairymonsterman.

Posted by: Ipooponyou
Date: May 24, 2017 11:28AM
hairymonsterman
Im sure the MP is deeper than the Credo, but in my opinion thats the only hand they hold, run a 'head to head' on any other aspect other than depth with the top models in their price range (€1995) and see how they fair.

This is how they fair. And please don't give me the wrong programs routine as I have owned one CTX and find this video to be truthful.
CTX3030 vs MP prototype
If Nexus are only about depth as you say so be it. I found nothing useful with the common top models as they do not go much bellow the 8" mark. Besides ask any archaeologist how deep do they dig for artifacts and then compare your piece - Nexus is all about depth, but nothing else - with the reality of how deep things really are.
Nexus depth test

Monte Berry nailboard test and Nexus MP

hairymonsterman
Before i bought my Credo i read on Gary's forum where he said "if they were as good as claimed, everyone would own one"

This is the most common and lame excuse of a slander used by all merchants. Gary is a XP promoter. What else you think he will say? Buy Nexus???

Besides was it not the same Gary that have promoted the Nexus many years ago to be the deepest ever. Now XP are paying him to say other wise. A man who is payed to promote any specific brand can not be trusted to tell the truth about other brands, because he will be talking against his own income and livelihood.

Rolls Royce is for a fact one of the best cars to date. Do you own one?
I mean if it is this good everyone will have one, right?

Posted by: amberjack
Date: May 24, 2017 11:36AM
aside from the useless nail board test..

i agree want the real truth test yourself..

AJ

Date: May 24, 2017 12:06PM

As a matter of fact i do, thanks.

Date: May 24, 2017 01:12PM
hairymonsterman

As a matter of fact i do, thanks.

Owners of Rolls do not hang in these forums trying to slander a small niche detector brand over a 900 Euros price.
And by the way the person who opened this thread is seeking connection with fellow Nexus users, not fallen Nexus users.
If you do not own Nexus now and/or are in need of assistance you should not be here.
It is rude to spread slander without any shred of evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 01:20PM by Ipooponyou.

Date: May 24, 2017 03:35PM
LoL, joined today and 2 posts on one thread.
I've no beef with Nexus machines, there good at going deep, but there limited otherwise, I've no need to be buying another.
As for your other remarks, you might be surprised of the class of person that frequents forums, i feel no need to boast or quantify my wealth.
I also feel no need to post further on this subject, have fun!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 03:44PM by hairymonsterman.

Date: May 25, 2017 01:17AM
hairymonsterman

As for your other remarks, you might be surprised of the class of person that frequents forums, i feel no need to boast or quantify my wealth.

Yes I specifically joined as I could not stand you rubbishing a well established trade mark for obvious personal reasons.
Classy people do not post like you, much less wealthy ones. So please cut the crap. We are not fools in here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login