Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Nexus Detectors
Posted by: Mega
Date: May 25, 2017 03:00AM
Will probably be out with the Nexus MP this weekend as i am on a pasture site for a change as the crops are in full growth at the moment and also the ground is like concrete,but pasture should hold the moisture slightly better so that at least i can get a spade into the ground,also the site is highly mineralized into the bargain,so the MP should shine through.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as the old saying goes,you dont find decent finds stuck behind a computer screen you have too be out swinging your detector :wink:

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Re: Nexus Detectors - Why I use the Nexus MP
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: May 27, 2017 03:21PM
Why I use the updated Nexus MP
Because discrimination between ferrous /non-ferrous AT DEPTH is my number one requirement and the Nexus MP is able to provide this better than any other detector I have used.

My second requirement is for the use of manual controls for Volume, Sensitivity, Ground Balance, Discrimination and Threshold as this gives me absolute control over the detector. The Nexus MP gives all this and more with the addition of extra controls to handle high mineralisation. This enables one to obtain the best possible performance from the detector.

My final requirement is for the detector manufacturer to produce additional coil sizes/frequencies and Nexus offer a wide range of coils giving me a choice of further flexibility.

The choice of coil combined with the manual controls and refined circuitry of the Nexus MP make this a very special machine. Its not cheap, but it is hand built by Georgi the owner of Nexus who is passionate about his detectors.

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: May 28, 2017 01:27AM
Thanks to Mega I've become very interested in using this machine on salt water beaches. Mega has a lot of experience using a tdi among other machines.
If he says it's a good machine I trust his judgement as he has nothing to gain.
I'm waiting for a chance to grab one of the mp editions if a good chance comes up

Re: Nexus Detectors-Warning to prospective purchasers.
Date: May 28, 2017 12:10PM
WARNING to prospective purchasers of the Nexus MP.

Be prepared to spend time in the field learning how to get the best performance. The MP is NOT A SWITCH ON AND GO detector. Time is required to master it completely because the MP isn't in any way automated, there are no pre-set programmes. The operator is in complete control at all times so has to know why, when and what adjustments are required at all times and how to read the audio and meter information.

For those who are prepared to give the necessary time and energy into understanding and operating the Nexus MP the reward will be a machine with outstanding performance.

Happy Hunting

Date: May 28, 2017 05:31PM
stephenscool
Thanks to Mega I've become very interested in using this machine on salt water beaches. Mega has a lot of experience using a tdi among other machines.
I'm waiting for a chance to grab one of the mp editions if a good chance comes up

I fear you may have a long wait.....

Happy Hunting

Posted by: Hammered Again
Date: May 29, 2017 09:56AM
I have tried a lot of metal detectors- all the top brands and nothing compares to the AKA Signum MFD- I have consistently out hunted all my detecting mates for depth and finds and in my personal opinion there is nothing to touch an AKA Signum MFD.

Date: May 29, 2017 10:29AM
Hammered Again
I have tried a lot of metal detectors- all the top brands and nothing compares to the AKA Signum MFD- I have consistently out hunted all my detecting mates for depth and finds and in my personal opinion there is nothing to touch an AKA Signum MFD.

I agree the AKA Signum is a decent detector, I owned one for nine months. However, my first requirement is depth over everything else. At the time my two working detectors being the Nautilus DMC-IIB and Minelab GPX -5000. As the AKA Signum was was unable to outperform the Nautilus or GPX I eventually moved it on but there was a lot to like about it.

I still have the Nautilus and GPX-5000 but the Nautilus has been retired as the Nexus MP eclipsed it

Happy Hunting

Posted by: Ipooponyou
Date: May 29, 2017 12:13PM
Hammered Again

In another tread just 20 days ago you also said this -

Hi all. I am selling my AKA MFD with 11" DD coil..... it has had little use and is only for sale as I need the money.

Link to your tread.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,2367682,2367682#msg-2367682

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2017 12:14PM by Ipooponyou.

Date: May 30, 2017 02:10AM
Ipooponyou

Hi all. I am selling my AKA MFD with 11" DD coil..... it has had little use and is only for sale as I need the money.

Link to your tread.

Yes, Correct..... I think these detectors are so good I bought my friends when he needed money to buy another car and kept it as a spare but as these are reliable, I cannot justify keeping two.

Date: May 30, 2017 04:41AM
Hammered Again
Ipooponyou

Link to your tread.

Yes, Correct..... I think these detectors are so good I bought my friends when he needed money to buy another car and kept it as a spare but as these are reliable, I cannot justify keeping two.

You are off topic, this thread is with regard to Nexus detectors.

Happy Hunting

Date: May 30, 2017 03:35PM
Hi yes off topic I have been looking for info on the nexus md v2 so will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Posted by: Sven
Date: May 30, 2017 05:01PM
filternozzle
stephenscool

I fear you may have a long wait.....

For sure, I have been watching and waiting for a couple years. If you want to play with a nexus, you gotta pay..................

Date: May 31, 2017 06:12PM
stephenscool

The reason you will probably have a long wait is because Nexus detectors are not mass produced. Each detector is carefully hand built by Georgi the owner of Nexus. Each detector is built to order and generally speaking purchased by individuals who are really serious about their detecting. It is definitely not a detector for a beginner.

Happy Hunting

Date: May 31, 2017 08:33PM
I do have a selection of coils for my Nexus MP ie the 13'',10'' but suprisingly enough the coil i use the most at the moment is the 8x6 coil,i will highlight the fact that i do currently have a slight problem with my right detecting wrist due to a accident years ago,so currently using light detector weight setups,but when using the smaller coil on the MP it is amazingly deep combination and great for really trashy sites that i am currently detecting on at the moment,but for open clear pasture or ploughed and rolled fields and you want pure depths that only other detectors can dream about then the 13'' coil comes out too play,actually the dimension are more like 14x12 on the 13'' coil but the depth that this thing can get is some what of an eye opener.

I also have/use the SE model with a dual 9'' coil on it and must admit i still like using that as well,the SE although is no longer in production but they do make superb relic/hoard hunters,i wont deny that they do take some time too master to get the best out of them but if you just stick with it and get the hours on the clock then you will be rewarded for sure finds wise,in the UK due to the history that we have some of best finds are still in the ground and just below the reach of almost all other everyday detectors,but this is why using such a machine can impove the odds in you favour of just reaching those desirable finds.This is the main reason i use these machines,they suit my style of detecting on my deep pasture permissions,of course we all fully understand we have to walk over the finds but if these finds are slightly deeper than most detectors can reach then just maybe a Nexus can give you that all important edge.Of course as usual this is just my personal opinion,i am not allied or paid by anyone as everything i use has been bought by me and i tell it like it is :wink:

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Date: September 07, 2017 12:31PM
My new 11.5'' 24khz Concentric coil arrived this morning for the Nexus MP,this coil is as light as a feather for its size and when i mean light its exactly that,was only ble too get out for a few minutes doing a few test but this Nexus MP and this coil are going to be a deadly combination on trashy sites.

Will be out this weekend using this combo,as it runs @24khz it should be very good on silver hammered coins,these are the main coinage that i will be hunting as well as roman,must admit i am really looking forward on how this setup works.

TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login