Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Nexus Detectors
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: September 07, 2017 02:25PM
I wanted to try a nexus mp but couldn't get a good price on one and there is not enough info here in the states for me to flop down that much cash on one. So I might try the cheaper detech relic striker unless a good deal comes up on a nexus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 02:26PM by calabash digger.

Posted by: norfolk rory
Date: October 04, 2017 01:36PM
hi! i am waiting for my secondhand coronado to arrive tomorrow,i am still a noob but saw this up for sale and grabbed it.
I only have one permission so far,and its a 26 acre orchard that has been detected in the past,hoping the nexus will grab me my first good finds!
i had been waiting for a golden mask or macro racer to come up in my small budget,but this may take lots of practice master!
Warning i will be needing some help after i test this out.......

thanks

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: October 06, 2017 03:17AM
Good luck with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 03:35AM by hairymonsterman.

Posted by: Mega
Date: October 06, 2017 06:17AM
Been out with the Nexus MP and the new 24khz Concentric coil on,this coil is crazy light weight and was in my opinion a wise move,the Low freq coils are 'OK' for real deep pasture site work for say relic/hoard hunting but i personally much prefer a high khz coil like the new Concentrics,deadly on small hammered coins especially on trash sites.I use the Standard SE with the dual 9'' coil on for deep pasture use and the MP for roman and saxon sites,but my everyday use coil will always be the Deus and also have the new HF elliptical coil on order as well,one detector with 2 coils that covers the freq range from 4khz-70khz,such a versatile detector.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: hairymonsterman
Date: October 06, 2017 04:55PM
I'm using the AKA Signum MFD for deep pasture, dogs nuts!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login