Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A lovely lady
Posted by: Trailduster
Date: June 21, 2017 09:13PM
Been hunting a spot lately I've been lucky in over the past couple years when I'm not exploring other area's that peak my interest in my daily travels.

Got a NEL Thunder for my F70 and am pulling some things I missed previously at this spot.

Pulled this '42 Walker out of the ground during my lunch hour.

Unfortunately I clipped it's wings with the lesche. I had just dug a beer can a few feet before this and stupidly went pawing at this in the hole thinking it was the inside of another mangled can, until the way the lesche plinked of it and my heart sunk as I realized what I did, then the joy of figuring out exactly what it was as I popped it out of the hole wall.

[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2017 09:22PM by Trailduster.

Re: A lovely lady
Date: June 21, 2017 09:26PM

Posted by: dfmike
Date: June 23, 2017 10:24AM
Great find but I can't see the pictures. (Image error)

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: June 23, 2017 11:55AM
That's a once in a lifetime time. Those are definitely on the endangered species list.

Posted by: Doc Holliday
Date: June 23, 2017 11:57AM
Probably better that we don't see the damage anyhow...

Posted by: hawgdawg
Date: June 23, 2017 08:10PM
Yea , who wants to see some scratched up old coin anyway. :rofl:

Posted by: amberjack
Date: June 24, 2017 08:34AM
dam those knifes :thumbdown:

AJ

Date: June 24, 2017 11:17AM
Sorry for the tease guys. In my state of euphoria over the find, I got all "I need to share this" before it dawned on me a previous experience i had about 2 years ago. I'm not a big picture poster for this reason.

It's my understanding, a knowledgable person can dig into the code of images to find geo location info. I posted a pic in another forum 2 years ago of the only other walker I ever found and sure a poop someone from out of town was nosing around within 300 yards of my area a few days later. A very public place, in a small town, where everyone knows everyone and I'm one of two guys who MD around here, the other guy likes to go deep woods.

Unfortunately I was too late to delete much of the OP's due to site settings.

Again sorry for the tease. I just had some regrets about posting images of my find due to that one time. I'm not able to dedicate hours of my time to MD'ing. I get out on my lunch breaks 5 or 6x during the spring and fall. So I need to be cautious about revealing the few places I know are proucers for me in the small amount of time I have to myself in the coarse of a season.

Date: June 24, 2017 11:20AM
still looking 52
That's a once in a lifetime time. Those are definitely on the endangered species list.

This is actually my 2nd Walker in about 6 years of detecting. The other is a 1941 which had less finer details than this 1942 i just found.

Date: June 24, 2017 11:23AM
Damage wasn't too bad. Just a light swirl across a wing of the Eagle. This coin is mostly a worth-it's-weight find anyway. Common year, circulated condition, still some stars on the flag and heavy relief features, but the finer details are smoothed out.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: June 24, 2017 04:23PM
Not sure about geo location but I know for a fact that you can delete most information attached to pictures (exif information like camera brand, exposure, shutter speed, etc.). It would probably delete location as well. I use Photoshop and all I have to do is select the picture once I am finished resizing and post processing it ,then copy and paste it as a new one and all extra info is then deleted. This would probably work in Elements as well but I don't know about other programs. I'm sure a googling "deleting embedded geo location info on pictures" would turn up very useful information.

By the way, thanks for sharing that info. I hardly realize all the information that is now embedded into every picture taken with a modern camera.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login