Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Dug Up Ring #12 For This Year!:thumbup:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: June 23, 2017 10:22PM

This is a total from yesterday and today's hunt. I dug up the pocket watch casing yesterday afternoon. Today I hunted with a buddy and got the sterling silver signet ring.

Here's ring #12 for this year so far. I am hoping to get some more before the year is over. When school is out next week, I go into ring search mode. Below are the two tokens I dug today.

Re: Dug Up Ring #12 For This Year!:thumbup:
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: June 24, 2017 04:13AM
John, you never cease to amaze me at all the great finds you find. What's your favorite metal detector these days for gold and silver?

Posted by: dfmike
Date: June 24, 2017 04:29PM
It looks like the casing of an expensive watch. John, maybe I asked before but when you go on your typical park/school hunt, what do you cut out on your detection/what do you discriminate out apart from iron and perhaps small foil ? Thanks.

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: June 24, 2017 11:33PM
I usually cut out up to and including foil. Or, about 35 to 40 on the screen VDI numbers.

Date: June 24, 2017 11:34PM
The AT Pro for general coin/jewelry hunting. The AT Gold for relic hunting. The ATX or AT Pro with the 9" x 12" concentric coil.

Thanks John
Posted by: dfmike
Date: June 25, 2017 07:36PM
NT

Active detectors: Fisher F5 , Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login