Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Here is how NOT to put out a new detector
Posted by: Southwind
Date: July 14, 2017 01:23PM

Its called product advertising......my advice wait until others buy and read the forums to find out the truth good or bad...

I suspect they're just wanting to let the public know something new is on the way. So many have complained because of nothing new and they're just putting the "pie out" to let the public know there is something new on the way. Good or bad way to do business I couldn't say, but I believe that's what we're seeing.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 14, 2017 05:09PM
Pastor bob
Now since I am grumpy I just have one more thing.....GET OFF MY LAWN!

You forgot to say "Please." :lol:

Date: July 14, 2017 05:10PM
Southwind

Its called product advertising......my advice wait until others buy and read the forums to find out the truth good or bad...

I suspect they're just wanting to let the public know something new is on the way. So many have complained because of nothing new and they're just putting the "pie out" to let the public know there is something new on the way. Good or bad way to do business I couldn't say, but I believe that's what we're seeing.

And it could be they tease and tease so you won't be buying the other manufacturers latest, greatest?

Date: July 14, 2017 05:11PM
Didn't the company that builds the Macro Racer 2 do that?

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 14, 2017 06:29PM
Poor is.

Very small businesses which make the devices we depend on often have issues with timely launch of production hardware.

The amount of trsting one of these companies can do at their factory is sadly limited due to several facts:

First with a couple of exceptions the engineers of the designed these things don't use metal detectors

Second – the soil and rock mantle of the earth is incredibly varied from place to place and we take these detectors and use them and all kinds of incredible places

Third because of the first two factors companies send detectors out to be tested by people who are trusted to be knowledgeable and competent at giving useful feedback.

This is the so-called Proto type testing phase – the feedback from that often results in changes to detector software and even hardware .

Then while poor souls in the marketing department are trying to get lined up to sell the darn thing when it's finally ready.

Guess what – sometimes it doesn't all line up right.

We're talking about companies with a few hundred or perhaps a few thousand employees – tech companies with tens or hundreds of thousands of employees routinely make bigger messes.

How about we cut our friends who make these wonderful devices – a little slack!

Rick Kempf

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 14, 2017 07:51PM
Sorry for the typos - long day.

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login