Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: What Was The Craziest Object You Ever Dug Up?:crazy:
Posted by: Daddy
Date: July 06, 2017 07:11PM
fowlercharles
One time while digging in an old trash pit I dug up a shovel FULL of little Copperheads! HH, Charlie

WINNER! :surrender:

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard, and deep.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: July 06, 2017 07:40PM
I dug a hole back when it was really cold here in Texas. This came crawling up the side of the plug.

Posted by: happycamper08
Date: July 09, 2017 04:26PM
A guy I know found a gun used in a homicide. He turned it in to the police and testified in the trial.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: July 09, 2017 07:48PM
Years ago i was digging at an old bottle dump and dug up a semi hibernating groundhog.. he just sort of rolled out of awad of plastic and paper that he was using as nesting material. . i walked away and gave him a few minutes and he walked away.

Posted by: Goldstrike
Date: July 10, 2017 11:46PM
I detected 2 kilner/mason jars in the ground near a stream in the mountains here where I live. Instead of having gold/nuggets or silver coins which was my expectations!!!! ( a lot of gold was found in the 1800's) I found they contained a combination of honey and other stuff which I couldn't identify. There was a photo of a young oriental lady and pieces of material so then I knew it was some kind of memorial to this person and re buried them in the same place. It was a creepy find though and very unusual!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 11:52PM by Goldstrike.

Hope I don't get banned...
Posted by: Daniel Tn
Date: July 12, 2017 08:43AM
You did say the craziest thing. Well how bout a ladies "personal massager" if you know what I mean.

Posted by: kingingkunsan
Date: July 14, 2017 06:52AM
The non metal items. Like marbles and plastic soldiers are my odd/crazy things. They were not the intended target but out they came.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: July 21, 2017 06:13PM
Might not be "crazy" but an 1865 3 cent nickel....

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 22, 2017 09:31AM
One night while on a "combat mission" using my ole Metro Tech while digging a minie' ball out pops an Indian hide scrapper tool--about 4" long and with a beveled end.

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: July 22, 2017 03:00PM
Just recently I found this old shotgun shell brass that was 8" down maybe 9", the only thing remaining was the brass. I started thinking this thing has to be old so I cleaned it up and I could read the letters (W.R.A) on the bottom of it and then with some more cleaning I could read 12 which I knew that meant 12 gauge and lastly I could read the word " rival" on the other end. I've got a buddy who is good on research with his computer and he found out that brass was manufacturer from 1884 to 1929. The WRA stands for Winchester repeating arms. I almost just tossed it in the trash, glad I didn't.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 24, 2017 07:12AM
Still Looking 52--I saw a collection of old shotgun shell heads and they were really impressive.I have found many over the years and the old ones are almost always hit off center--those old Sears 12 gauges.

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: July 25, 2017 11:26PM
Hi John, I once dug the bowl of a thin silver tablespoon that had been flattened and bent back and forth until it broke in half , leaving a really jagged brake line. A couple of hours later and bout 70 or 80 yards farther into the woods, I dug the other half of the spoon bowl. No mistaking the match, it was a perfect fit. Did the same thing on another dig when I dug a hammered out 1/2 dollar sized silver coin that had been halved with a chisel or knife . Dug that half only a few feet from the first one! HH, Charlie

Hmm... :shocked:
Posted by: vlad
Date: July 28, 2017 08:12AM
a 155mm arty round......but quit digging when I saw what it was. :unsure:
Now A.M. Van Fossen was hunting near Sea Rim State Park out of Sabine Pass, and found a belt buckle attached to a belt.....around a body; a biker from a drug killing. :look:
Another friend at the beach, after a storm got a bale of marijuana ...took it home, dried it out, said it tasted like fish. :heh:

You put it in the local paper under lost & found? ... :hot:N/T
Posted by: vlad
Date: July 28, 2017 08:15AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login