Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Minelab Sovereign GT
Posted by: Peetjb
Date: July 17, 2017 05:58PM
For sand volleyball and tot lots? Any opinions.

Re: Minelab Sovereign GT
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: July 17, 2017 09:14PM
Depends on your objective. The sov. is a deeep ballsy machine. So it might actually be over-kill for sand box and tot-lots. But sure, it will work. If you're in a sand-volley-ball court where you suspect stuff might be super deep, then perhaps it's a good fit for that. But on the other hand, like any power-house deep-seeker, it will not be too efficient on teensy dainty stuff. So be prepared to possibly miss a dangly fine bracelet or necklace, or earing stud, etc...... If your objective is to find things that small (which you might expect for sand volley-ball courts d/t the frolicking motions), then you might consider various 2 filter machines made by Tesoro. However, they won't go as deep. So it's a trade off.

Personally I find the long bbeeoonnggs (sound-tails) of the Sov. annoying . But other people like it.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: July 17, 2017 09:15PM
I have the gt and love it for farm fields and beach but for tot lots ,volleyball courts i prefer a unit with target id..just my preference.. the gt will probably work fine in those areas as there is usually very little iron ..

Posted by: tincanalley
Date: July 17, 2017 11:16PM
I would tend to agree. My sovereign gt is basically gold dead on small fine/medium chains, but a lot of detectors are for those things. Love it for everything else thou. I'd do some research for hunting micro gold jewelry unless you're looking for rings. The sovereign would do great for that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login