Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Cleaning up with the Tesoro MoJo & The Ace 250
Posted by: Dancer
Date: August 31, 2017 06:00AM
Got a pretty good honey hole in a upscale park. Dual basketball courts surrounded by grass. Across the road a vibrant H. School.
Been a year so took the MoJo in there for a peek. Yep the coins were biting. Got in there early, something to eight. There were coins beside each other, fresh drops on top of buried coins, just like the old days. Even better, instead of fighting through pull tabs, pennies were the trash item. (Park went to plastic bottles yrs ago) Anyways pouch was getting heavy, than just before 10a.m. comes a Mom and son to shoot baskets. Rats, had to slide out of there. After counting, 92 coins for $8.50 on the nose.
Waited a day went back with the Ace 250 tipped with a Sniper coil. Went over what I hunted, and new ground. Hits kept coming.
Sat down for a break and a coin count. Needed 25 more for a Hundred. So started on some easy shallow pennies I missed. Which masked more dimes, a few quarter's. 100 coins, $7.71. Lots of fun. This site usually gives up couple pieces of Silver, but zip this year. Definitely a small coil site. These machines are great for close inside fighting.

Dancer

Re: Cleaning up with the Tesoro MoJo & The Ace 250
Posted by: pplinker
Date: August 31, 2017 07:06AM
Nice read, and Great hunting! A good hunt for me would be $3 or $4.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Cleaning up with the Tesoro MoJo & The Ace 250
Posted by: Dancer
Date: August 31, 2017 07:23AM
pplinker
Nice read, and Great hunting! A good hunt for me would be $3 or $4.

Most important is the site. If it's not there, no one's getting it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login