Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
So......Does Your Wife Also Detect, Just Accepts Your Hobby Or Wishes All Your Machines Would Disappear? :shrug:N/T
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 02, 2017 06:39PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Just Accepts Your Hobby
Posted by: KindManTall
Date: September 02, 2017 06:57PM
Will not go with me ... but wants to see what I have found ..

White's MXT Pro
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Gold
Makro Racer 2 ( 2)
Nokta Fors Relic
www.detectingequipment.com

Somebody please remind me again why we guys get married ? :sadwalk: N/T
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: September 02, 2017 08:16PM
N/T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2017 08:16PM by Tom_in_CA.

Re: So......Does Your Wife Also Detect, Just Accepts Your Hobby Or Wishes All Your Machines Would Disappear? :shrug:
Posted by: dan b
Date: September 02, 2017 08:56PM
Not interested in the least. She doesn't ever ask me about what I found. She thinks the whole thing is stupid.

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Re: So......Does Your Wife Also Detect, Just Accepts Your Hobby Or Wishes All Your Machines Would Disappear? :shrug:
Posted by: rjwalker
Date: September 02, 2017 11:08PM
Yup, I'm a lucky guy that she enjoys the hobby as much as I do. She uses an AT Pro for city parks and a White's GMT for gold prospecting.

Posted by: Tom Slick
Date: September 03, 2017 12:31AM
My wife only hunts the competition hunts, which she likes very much. All the other types of detecting she doesn't care for. She lets me pursue my hobbies and trusts that I won't go overboard. That's why I only have 8 or 10 detectors at a time.

Arizona
42 years detecting, ex White's dealer.
Current Detectors:
Nokta Impact
Makro Racer 2
Makro Gold Racer
White's DFX x 3
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Minelab Sovereign GT
Fisher F19

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 03, 2017 03:25AM
My other half has no interest what so ever in detecting,she finds it rather boring,she has never complained or objected,she just lets me get on with it,after all these years she would think that something must be seriously wrong with me if i did not go out tecting.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

She went out 1 time...
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 03, 2017 03:33AM
I popped a plug and she saw a worm.... She was moving backward so fast her feet went out from under her.
She was content to just seize any jewelry I brought home-especially gold.

Posted by: RLOH
Date: September 03, 2017 07:12AM
My wife thinks my hobby is great. She does think I look like a "nerd" in my detecting get up(knee pads, headphones, and work belt) She does not call me a nerd when she claims the occasional gold jewelery that I find. She has never joined me on a detecting venture in my twenty years of detecting and I sort of like the solitude.

Re: She went out 1 time...:rofl::rofl::rofl:N/T
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 03, 2017 07:49AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: September 03, 2017 08:18AM
Tolerates it most times... but doesn't like my daily date with low tide during shore vacations... she has no real interest in hobby but does like the occasional cool piece of jewelry. ..

A Truly honest reply ............
Posted by: Elton
Date: September 03, 2017 08:58AM
My wife thinks we are all nuts...........:rofl:

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

the bride has no interest or aversion to me detecting
Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 03, 2017 09:29AM
thank my luck stars !!!!!:thumbup:

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: September 03, 2017 10:59AM
My wife is the best hunting pard I've ever had!:smile:-----She's as crazy about detecting as I am--maybe more so.

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: September 03, 2017 01:32PM
Everytime I come home with 5 or 6 dirty old coins that are worth less than a dollar she just grins and says, as long as your having fun I guess it's worth it. At that point I'm totally worn out, my back is aching and I'm dirty from head to toe and I say I love this hobby. Then she just shakes her head.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login