Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I think this may be civil war....does anyone know calibur or have ideas?
Posted by: comisoas
Date: September 04, 2017 04:19PM
I hope this does not break the rule about asking questions. My friend's are very excited about her daughter's first real finds with her detector. My friend took her daughter in town here for one of her first times hunting with a metal detector. General Sherman passed through town after the battle of Bentonville. I am not real good at identifying projectiles. Can someone share any possibilities of this musketball that she found. Looks kind of small compared to your common ball, but it does have the old lead patina. Thanks for any info. I will pass it along to my friend and her daughter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 04:23PM by comisoas.

Re: I think this may be civil war....does anyone know calibur or have ideas?
Posted by: hawgdawg
Date: September 04, 2017 09:16PM
I'm definetly not the one to ask, but for the guys that can definetly tell you, if you take a set of micrometers and give them a size and closer picture , I believe you'll get a more precise answer. Good luck to the little lady on finding her first real relic.

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: September 04, 2017 09:25PM
Tell the young lady that it was positively identified as a round that was fired from the gun of General Sherman himself. :thumbup:

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: comisoas
Date: September 05, 2017 05:17AM
Nice.

Congrats to her and you are looking at our newest relic hunter keep up the good work.:clapping:N/T
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: September 05, 2017 06:09AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

That be the
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 06, 2017 08:21AM
.....secret weapon of the South packed with hush-a-boom, its called the 'sploder.

Posted by: bigtim1973
Date: September 06, 2017 07:02PM
Maybe a civil war era fishing weight

Happy Hunting

Fisher F 75 SE Tesoro Compadre Teknetics Omega 8000

Re: I think this may be civil war....does anyone know caliber or have ideas?
Posted by: hecbom
Date: September 08, 2017 12:18PM
During the Civil War, .36 caliber, .44 as well as .58 caliber Suave ( Musket) were the cartridges used by the Union and the South. The mini ball in the picture looks like a .36 caliber.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login