Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got The Mother Of All Petrified Wood & Vintage (I Love Lucy) Lipstick! :biggrin:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 08, 2017 10:43PM

Tried something different today. Hit an old gravel bar outside Edmonton, downstream from an old town. Finds were few, however, enough to keep me occupied. Dug up an old lipstick tube, and I could ID it with some writing on it. It dated back to the 1950's......and Lucille Ball, the star from the old "I LOVE LUCY" show was used in a magazine to promote this lipstick.

Here is the ad. Too funny!

And....the large piece of petrified wood, was sitting in the river, just waiting to be picked up. I gave it a quick wet manual sand wash, to remove some of the ground deposits. It cleaned up nicely!

Re: Got The Mother Of All Petrified Wood & Vintage (I Love Lucy) Lipstick! :biggrin:
Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 09, 2017 07:11AM
You were able to find out a lot of information about the lipstick tube. Sounds like a fun hunt.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Got The Mother Of All Petrified Wood & Vintage (I Love Lucy) Lipstick! :biggrin:
Posted by: Elton
Date: September 09, 2017 07:15AM
Awesome John............ We all loved Lucy............. and even after 60 years it still airs on the cable stations here.... I bet my Mom bought some of that lipstick.....

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

John I can "picture" you giving the petrified wood an "auto" wash....
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 11, 2017 05:17AM
....just can't picture you picking it up, after. :bouncy:
I've even heard of a few hunters washing off a detector like that...............they were displeased with. :drinking:

Re: John I can "picture" you giving the petrified wood an "auto" wash....
Date: September 11, 2017 02:51PM
It looked like a deep friend wanton before the wash........ :lol:

Date: September 11, 2017 02:53PM
I bet my mom did too! Funny thing, they were married in real life, and after the show ceased, they got divorced! Weird? :devil:

Date: September 11, 2017 02:54PM
It's fun finding and trying to ID vintage finds.

Posted by: Elton
Date: September 11, 2017 03:21PM
John-Edmonton
I bet my mom did too! Funny thing, they were married in real life, and after the show ceased, they got divorced! Weird? :devil:

Here is one explanation from public records

Lucille Ball actually was the one that filed for divorced (from Desi Arnaz) in 1960. They claimed they did not have a stable home for their children. It is thought that Desi was unfaithful to Lucy and that was the true reason for the divorce. Lucy had filed for divorce a couple of times prior, but the last one took.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2017 03:22PM by Elton.

And Now We Know The Rest Of The Story! (Remember Paul Harvey?)
Date: September 11, 2017 08:06PM
Interesting story those two. Thanks for the update. :thumbup:

It was thought Desi was unfaithful....:unsure:
Date: September 12, 2017 02:46PM
.........girls were lined up to his dressing room like people lining up like a formal dance during the reign of Queen Victoria.
During happier times..........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkuCSxbPc_c

That's Why I Metal Detect.....It's A Chic Magnet :rofl:
Date: September 13, 2017 02:23AM
They all line up waiting at my car to see how much $$$ and rings I got.:biggrin:

John evidently you did not talk to that crowd.......
Date: September 13, 2017 09:46AM
......or roll down the window--if you had I think you would have lost the money, rings..........and probably even the window you (sometimes) roll down :look:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login