Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Just for fun, and our enjoyment ..............
Posted by: REVIER
Date: September 15, 2017 09:34AM
Still in the 80's here in the south, the best part of our season is just beginning and our year won't end until 12/31.
We suffer through the summer but we get to hunt through the fall, winter and spring around here.
A few of my better finds this year...hopefully more to add in the next few months.

My best coin spill ever.

A pretty rare lower mintage British large cent in great shape from a contracted mint...I still haven't found an American large cent but I found this one and a 1918 Canadian large cent this year.

My best jewelry find, a foreign silver bracelet marked 950.

A rarer Zippo, you could only get this one if you sent in a lot of flaps off of packs of Marlboro cigarettes in 1994.

Only my second Walker...big silver of any kind is always welcomed.

My white whale...I should have found a silver Barber coin way before this but never did...this quarter just about made me cry.

To be continued...

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Posted by: REVIER
Date: September 15, 2017 09:36AM
A 1903 cast bronze convention pin...can't ask for a better way to date a find than this.

A half dollar sized aluminum token from a smaller company that started in the early 1900's that made leather products and the first retreads for car tires and eventually became the biggest non tire rubber manufacturing company in the world today.
Probably from the 1920's or before.
Wrecked up pretty good but for aluminium in decent shape and I was shocked when a "Good For" token collector offered me a VF Morgan and Walker in trade for this thing.
Silver coins are nice but common, I can't find a mention of this token on the net anywhere so it could be pretty rare.
I politely turned the collector down for now as I would enjoy this on display in my collection much more than those coins.

So far I have had a pretty good year.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2017 09:53AM by REVIER.

Revier that is awesomeN/T
Posted by: Elton
Date: September 15, 2017 03:44PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Good year..wow I would say an excellent year...N/T
Date: September 15, 2017 03:45PM

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: September 15, 2017 08:32PM
found this colonial era faceplate off a surveyor's compass.. here is an example of a complete one.. also had a blast hunting a beach that someone dumped a bunch of old foreign coins on... other than that it was a pretty slow year..oh ya also found my 2nd ever seated coin..

That Compass part is a really nice find BootyhpN/T
Date: September 15, 2017 10:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login