Date: September 16, 2017 06:10AM
Deus has got a serious contender!----New Sheriff coming to town?:smile:

Re: Minelab Equinox specs
Posted by: Hastings
Date: September 16, 2017 07:09AM
From http://www.minelab.com/usa/customer-care/product-notices?article=319462

Pending release of new EQUINOX Series

1200x900-EQUINOX-announcement-FB.png
Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

IMG_0650.PNG

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations. The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

IMG_0651.PNG
3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Bluetooth Headphones Supplied

IMG_0652.PNG
4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” –Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600 USD 649
EQUINOX 800 USD 899

Other regions will have relative pricing, taking into account variables such as foreign currency exchange rates and government sales taxes.

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks, on minelab.com and the Minelab Facebook page.

Re: Minelab Equinox informative video
Posted by: Hastings
Date: September 16, 2017 07:22AM
Re: Minelab Equinox info & videos
Posted by: Mega
Date: September 16, 2017 07:39AM
In theory it looks interesting,will it stop sales of all other brands ?? doubt it,will i buy one,the answer will be 'NO' as i have never been a Minelab fan but saying that they may well perform very well.Also one of my buying criterias for detectors is that when a new model is/has been launched wait a minimum of 12 month so that will give it time too highlight possible problems with the design,software etc,but with this new detector it does not have a download facility for updates if anything did go wrong software wise.

Of course these are just my views on it,but its not on my shopping list for sure.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: September 16, 2017 08:19AM
I will have one ! Deus killer don't know we will wait and see. Looks like the AT series have pretty much just been made obsolete buy a detector that is a 170.00 more than the new AT MAX and if you don't need the prospecting mode 699.00 so cheaper than the at max, seems to be what that model is going to sell for. One will it be released???

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 16, 2017 08:55AM
hype is hype and results are results, as mentioned looks great but lets see how it does in real detectorists hands :biggrin:

really I don't need a new detector I need new spots :poke:

BP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2017 08:56AM by Blank Planet.

Posted by: maansman
Date: September 16, 2017 09:09AM
I'm with you....Deus killer, maybe.....but I doubt it. This Minelab for sure will be heavier, as the Deus is so light, as you know....that is a huge perk in my opinion....

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: September 16, 2017 09:41AM
being able to run multiple freq at one time has a big perks to it...

Posted by: maansman
Date: September 16, 2017 10:20AM
To me, I think Minelab wants to go after Makro/Nokta with this new Equinox detector......not Deus......mainly the Impact & Racer 2.....I would think?

Posted by: BarryL
Date: September 16, 2017 12:17PM
calabash digger
I will have one ! Deus killer don't know we will wait and see. Looks like the AT series have pretty much just been made obsolete buy a detector that is a 170.00 more than the new AT MAX and if you don't need the prospecting mode 699.00 so cheaper than the at max, seems to be what that model is going to sell for. One will it be released???

Looks like it could be a nice detector , Have not got to use my Deus yet as I sent it in to get the casing replaced and updated to version 4. was thinking on getting the Max in a few months after they been out a while but for right at 650.00 this minelab might be a hit being waterproof and all may just have to order one . Light weight is what I like as well at my age those heavy bulky detectors wear me out to quick

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: September 16, 2017 01:27PM
maansman
To me, I think Minelab wants to go after Makro/Nokta with this new Equinox detector......not Deus......mainly the Impact & Racer 2.....I would think?

And Garrett At series models.

Posted by: MI-AuAg
Date: September 16, 2017 03:42PM
Personally, if I were considering getting a new machine, I would think it prudent to see what First Texas is coming with, before committing to any.

The AT Max, or Equinox aren't in the hands of the general detecting public, just the testers, and shills who promote them. First Texas better get a move on, or they'll be left behind though!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login