Re: New Minelab
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: September 23, 2017 10:56PM
JBM1
Hi Charles thanks for posting.

Those gold nuggets are really tiny.

What settings were you using.

Jerry.

That 14k ferrule with the stone in it, solid hit at 3 inches with the Deus, it didn't make a peep on my Explorer even rubbing it on the coil. That tells me the Deus with this coil will hit on diamond stud earrings.

Notch 00-00
Disc 0.0
Full Tones
Sens 90
TX Power 2
Freqency 54kHz
Iron Volume 0
Reactivity 2
Silencer 2
Audio Response 4
Audio Overload 1
ID Normalization N/A for HF coils

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 10:58PM by Charles (Upstate NY).

Posted by: Fire Fighter 43
Date: September 24, 2017 09:30AM
I find it funny that the longest thread in a while on the XP forum is about a non XP detector. It seems like the XP diehards feel threatened by a new machine. Personally I hope the Equanox blows the XP out of the water. That just means all the other manufacturers will have to up their game. A win win for all of us. I'm not loyal to any one company I just want to use the best equipment for the conditions I'm hunting. I have had the CTX since it came out and IMHO it is close to the best coin machine in modern trash on the market. I would say only the Etrac slightly beats it, but the CTX has some more advantages that make it my choice for coins. I hope the Equanox is just as good or better than the CTX and Etrac and if that is the case the CTX will be gone. I've had the Deus for about a year and it is now my go to machine for field and relic hunting. IMHO it can't be beat in iron. Also, the light weight gives this seasoned guy the ability to swing it all day. I have a trip planned to the U.K. In the spring and the XP will be my machine of choice.

2017 silver coin count 17

CTX 3030 17", 11", 6" & Coiltek 5X10 coils
XP Deus 9", 9"HF & 11" coils
Sun Ray Pro Gold, Deus WS5, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett AT Pro & XP Mi6 pointers, Lesch Tool, Stealth 08 water scoop
Milspec belt and pouches
Previous machines since 1977 F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI S2, 6DB, Alaskan TR4B, Beachcomber

Posted by: Blank Planet
Date: September 24, 2017 11:27AM
like i said in the equinox forum , if it can tell me gold from aluminium i will buy one otherwise its just like all the other detectors i have old tech.. deus included ..so for me its just repackaged what i already have why spend mo money..

sucker born every minute as the saying goes..

i been suckered a few times but until new tech arrives as i have stated its all old tech..

Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 24, 2017 11:41AM
Fire Fighter 43
I find it funny that the longest thread in a while on the XP forum is about a non XP detector. It seems like the XP diehards feel threatened by a new machine. Personally I hope the Equanox blows the XP out of the water. That just means all the other manufacturers will have to up their game. A win win for all of us. I'm not loyal to any one company I just want to use the best equipment for the conditions I'm hunting. I have had the CTX since it came out and IMHO it is close to the best coin machine in modern trash on the market. I would say only the Etrac slightly beats it, but the CTX has some more advantages that make it my choice for coins. I hope the Equanox is just as good or better than the CTX and Etrac and if that is the case the CTX will be gone. I've had the Deus for about a year and it is now my go to machine for field and relic hunting. IMHO it can't be beat in iron. Also, the light weight gives this seasoned guy the ability to swing it all day. I have a trip planned to the U.K. In the spring and the XP will be my machine of choice.
:thumbup:
:thumbup:
I wish I had written this. Be nice detecting in the UK as well:smile:

Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: September 25, 2017 07:51PM
Man, all the excitement over this New Minelab everywhere. As a Detectorist those of you that
BUY one, I hope it's the magic your looking for. Soon we'll all know more. Here's just my
thoughts on this new Minelab detector. I can't see them creating a machine that will
out do the E-Trac or the Ctx 3030. No way can I conceive the idea of the Equinox surpassing
the abilities of either of these 2 machines. If so what will they do with all the E-Trac's and
3030's left on the shelf. The 3030's are already a hard sell for the money and many
wonder if they'll get a GOOD ONE! Smoke the DEUS,I hope not!!! So again, you guys
that get one I wish you Luck... Me, I'll be keep'in on with the 3.2 version DEUS.
Minelab's seen their last $ from me. GOOD HUNTING EVERYONE...
silverseeker2

Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 26, 2017 03:44PM
Guess someone got tired of all the action in the Deus forum being in a thread about Minelab so it got moved over here.
That's good , now maybe the Fisher , Garrett , White's , Turks and Tesoros people can be all defensive about their machines as well.
As the world turns:thumbup:

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: September 27, 2017 04:47AM
Gotta love the effect that the European detector manufacturers have had on the rest of the industry. Suddenly, things aren't quite so "same-old, same-old" anymore.

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: Miser67
Date: September 27, 2017 02:03PM
I remember once, many moons ago, there was a brand new metal detector coming out called the AT Pro. Months before the detector was even released, people were lining up to buy and early orders were brisk. The metal detecting forums lit up like fireworks on the 4th of July. People were debating, arguing, even screaming at one another over the abilities of this detector, and mind you, the machine had not even been released yet. It was almost comic the levels of hysteria some people were willing to go to over a detector they had not used a single time.

I am starting to get the same feeling about the Equinox. Some have started grumbling. Others are shoving. Weapons are being chosen. Alliances made. I can already hear the sound of trenches being dug.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: Architex
Date: September 27, 2017 03:20PM
I won't say it's all from He11, but I HAVE noticed that there is little to no mention of it on the Christian Forum. :devil:

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 28, 2017 12:56PM
Miser67
I remember once, many moons ago, there was a brand new metal detector coming out called the AT Pro. Months before the detector was even released, people were lining up to buy and early orders were brisk. The metal detecting forums lit up like fireworks on the 4th of July. People were debating, arguing, even screaming at one another over the abilities of this detector, and mind you, the machine had not even been released yet. It was almost comic the levels of hysteria some people were willing to go to over a detector they had not used a single time.

I am starting to get the same feeling about the Equinox. Some have started grumbling. Others are shoving. Weapons are being chosen. Alliances made. I can already hear the sound of trenches being dug.

yep. Happens every time. The CTX forum got so ugly it was deleted entirely and started over. You have people who really like brand "A" and post to show love for the upcoming machine. then you have people who hate brand "A" and go to post everything critical they can imagine. People pre-order and people call them stupid for "jumping on the band wagon". Happening all over again with the EQ. It will happen again with the next one too, I'm sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2017 01:04PM by Jason in Enid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login