Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: New Minelab
Posted by: minelabking
Date: September 18, 2017 04:24PM
My Deus will always be number1# in my book I love it. I have all the minelabs you can think of and I wish them well and hope the new machine is everything they want it to be.

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: September 18, 2017 08:09PM
Charles (Upstate NY)
enderman
I've dug these aluminum seals where the steel cap is completely rusted away.

So I'm not losing my mind, I dug one of these on my first Deus hunt and was going :blink: that was a first I ever dug one. Question, if you turn tone normalization off and reduce to say 8kHz do the crown caps drop down away from high conducting coins??

Charles,
I have experimented using some pretty high quality metal cap.
You might consider doing the same experiement here to see your results.

A Deus user using all freqs, will notice disc set to lowest setting -6.4,, sweeping a suspect target,,,you'll likely detect sweeping side to side.
When you get a target suspect, sweep fore to aft using coil.
This lowest disc setting will sure s if out a capmvs doe thing with no iron in it.

You might consider setting up adjacent program using the minimum disc setting if you don't want to hunt using.
Then toggle for bottle cap check.

One note here,,,,it is possible if iron was near say a high conductive coin,this fore to aft coil movement,,the results gotten,,,Could lie to you.

Cheers hope this helps.

Re: New MinelabN/T
Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: September 19, 2017 09:05AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

HF Coil question
Posted by: LTimedigger
Date: September 19, 2017 09:20AM
Am i right to assume that the HF coils still require the converter kit for max depth? While I'm happy with the CTX as my "go to" water machine for the moment, I'm keeping my options open just in case the NOX renders it obsolete as a preferred water machine. If this happens, at a third of the cost, I'd probably be too po'ed to enjoy it anyway!

Re: HF Coil question
Posted by: smkunder
Date: September 19, 2017 03:22PM
I am not quite ready to jump on a Equinox just yet, Minelab does pretty good with their stuff, but I am sure Deus is watching also. I am a little hesitant about purchasing the HF coil I was leaning towards until I hear a bit more.

Steve

CTX 3030 , XP Deus Ml-6 Pinpointer, Minelab Excal

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: September 20, 2017 06:35PM
From what I'm seeing,the deus doesn't hold a candle to the new Minelab being released.If it is true,and it performs as good as the video Id never look back after getting one.The deus is a good machine,it excels in some areas,and falls on its face in other areas.From the video of the new Minelab,it seems to surpass the deus in all areas.Ive been a deus owner several times over since they're first release,but when the Minelab comes out it might change my arsenal to one machine.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: September 20, 2017 07:15PM
What have you seen that makes you think the Minelab is better? Air test? Dig a hole and put a coin in it and not cover it, air test again ? Untill I can see the thing work in real hunts and find real targets in ground. I will keep my Deus.

Posted by: Architex
Date: September 20, 2017 07:40PM
Just a troll.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: September 20, 2017 07:55PM
No,definitely not a troll,and a deus owner probably longer than most on here.From what I've seen in the video do I need to really explain what's better than the deus ,if that machine performs like it does in the video?You guys can lie to yourselves,if it makes you feel better.And Architex,even your 3030 will be obsolete in a few months to a lesser priced more advanced machine.Call it what you want,balls or balls and strikes are strikes,Minelab has a homerun.
Funny how guys get prissy when a new machine gets released that could potentially trump one costing much more,or the top dog gets pushed to second best by a new release.Minelab used all that free money xp paid them for patent infringement,and isn't it funny how they not only mirror imaged the deus but put Minelabs top secret sauce in the mix with the real multi frequency effects,speed and iron separation like I've never seen,and I'm sure I've been at this longer than most on this thread.No guys,if that Minelab separates like it did in that video,kiss the 3030 and the deus goodbye,new sherrif in town.And why would Minelab cut its own throats of trumping the 3030 with a lesser costing machine? Once again,it was free money paid by good ole xp deus.lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 08:17PM by Bigtom123.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 20, 2017 08:54PM
I'm not even bothering to spend the money to put new batteries in my remote or coil much less a $400 coil until I've run the NOX to see how it performs.
Chances are real that the Deus won't have a enough resale value to pay for the cost of the lithium in the batteries.:thumbdown:

Date: September 20, 2017 09:19PM
Yes, you do need to explain what's better than the Deus. I'm anxious to know because I see precious little info anywhere, especially from anyone who isn't repping Minelab one way or another. BTW, I'm on the list to get the Eq.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Posted by: squirrel1
Date: September 20, 2017 10:05PM
Fron what limited video I have seen.

Equinox is game changer.
Them tests by iron down the barrel swing directions,,,,try that with Deus or CTX = No Go.

Not saying Equinox does everything better than all,,,but for the price,,look out.

I think there was a reason Minelab dropped the Equinox out of a plane at Detectival.
Not a toy detector, comes to mind.

Btw, I own 3 deus units, all the coils except the biggest LF coil.
I will give credit to any model detector it deserves as far as my experiences using and testing.
Time will tell after physical release to public, how good it does.
I think some will be surprised.
Even Deus users/owners, other Minelab model runners too.
But we should want all manufacturers to make better detectors.

Guess what?
Notice wireless headphones are getting more commonplace.
Who is responsible for this trend???
Give folks here one guess?

Posted by: Gary-B
Date: September 21, 2017 01:18AM
At the Detectival XP had a test bed, one of the demonstrations was a copper coin buried at 16" not an open hole.The Deus located this target.
The soil at the rally did not appear to be highly mineralised only 2 bars on the Deus meter.

XP Metal Detectors - Watch the XP Skill School video's and catch up on the latest information at the XP Classroom: http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

Date: September 21, 2017 05:18AM
White's V3i, had wireless 8 or 9 years ago.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Posted by: TN Mike
Date: September 21, 2017 06:40AM
I'll be swinging the best detector for the soil until the Nox proves its better... Until then, its all talk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login