Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got 3 Rings With The AT MAX In The Water Today - White Gold And Silver!:super:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 16, 2017 11:59PM

It was cold! Frost on the windshield this morning. I subbed chest waders for a wet suit. Glad I did....water was cold and there was a strong south wind. The MAX is such a pleasure to use in true all metal mode. ground balance it, swing it and wait for the beeps. Low 20's are bobby pins. 40's read aluminum foil, bouncing signals 40-60-80 are bottle caps, smooth 50's in all directions gets gold, signals in the 80's to 90's get silver. Deep whispers are always a trump card. You just never know what will pop out.

Here are the rings.....I got more rings today from this old beach then I got in the previous 2 years! The extra depth on the MAX is really paying off for me. I dug up a couple of fishing lures, and made a ring out of the one with the nice designs on it. It turned out kind of FUNKY!

I was pulling old bottle caps with the cork on the back, and some had a small round aluminum disk still attached to the cork. It makes them sound like a coin.They are posted below. I included my oldest

Re: Got 3 Rings With The AT MAX In The Water Today - White Gold And Silver!:super:
Posted by: pplinker
Date: September 18, 2017 07:27AM
Fantastic finds for you! Like the bottle caps. All bottle caps I've found are the twist off type. Those really cleaned up nice. Great job on the rings, too.

Greetings and good luck from West Virginia

XP Dius, Minelab 704 with 3khz 9 inch coil, 18 KHZ 5 inch coil, 5 inch coiltek coil, 18 kHz 5 x 9 coil. Original Garrot pinpointer, Garrot pinpointer pro and M16 pinpointer

1831 large cent, 1838 seated silver dime, 1901 barber dime, 1864 two-cent piece,1886,1900 and 1904 Indian head pennies, 3 silver Washington quarters, 3 Roosevelt dimes. 30 or 40 wheats, 10K black hills gold ring, 1974 10K gold class ring, 1870 Artillery button, 1940 and 1944 Mercury dime, ?? three cent piece

I am a 61 year old wife and mother with two daughters and three granddaughters. I'm thankful for all God's blessings.

Re: Got 3 Rings With The AT MAX In The Water Today - White Gold And Silver!:super:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 18, 2017 01:24PM
I guess being buried deep in the sand kind of protects those caps from the environment. I put on a thin layer of mineral oil on them, which highlighted the color a bit more. The caps faded once out of the water and dry.

Don't recall what is alloyed with white gold
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 18, 2017 05:03PM
but I know that rings of white read at a different i.d. point than yellow gold (similar size & shape.)
What's the numerical difference in your experience?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login