Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Side Scan Technology. ? Would you give up a little depth
Posted by: Dancer
Date: September 19, 2017 10:38AM
For a inch or so more sensitivity around the coil edge. I know hunting fresh drops like beach hunting this would be a big help. Probably very useful for competition hunting. So if there are coils like this already, would be good to know. Depth is important on the beach, but grabbing the shallower coin sized targets early and fast can pay off.

Re: Side Scan Technology. ? Would you give up a little depth
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: September 19, 2017 09:23PM
what do you mean by "side scan technology" ?

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 20, 2017 02:13AM
Not sure if its a spelling mistake and should read 'Wide Scan Technology' but saying that i could be wrong in assuming that as well,still not sure what the topic is about though.

Deus and Nexus MP main everyday detectors

Displays on a Detector are really the equivalent of relying on sub-titles,give me a Analogue machine anyday.

Some of my site specific use machines.
TDI Pro 20'' Mono
Nexus SE dual 9'' coil
Nexus MP 14x13
Fisher TW-5 twin box
Crossbow PI 14x9 Mono
Mirage PI 5'' Mono
DFX 18'' Detech
T2 SEF15x12
IDX Pro 15'' Concentric
Arado120b
B1 and B3
Trident11 Extreme NEL Snake

Mainly hunt deep ploughed and pasture sites,trashy roman/saxon and celtic permissions.

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 20, 2017 11:25AM
That's an interesting concept.:thumbup: It would work great in sports fields, where the number of hits in minimal. Saving a lot of time is always a welcomed feature with technology.

Date: October 03, 2017 05:30AM
John-Edmonton
That's an interesting concept.:thumbup: It would work great in sports fields, where the number of hits in minimal. Saving a lot of time is always a welcomed feature with technology.
Exactly, John .

Posted by: slingshot
Date: October 03, 2017 08:46AM
Well, there's the issue of too many targets in the detection field for the detector to sort. Every time I use my sniper coil, I see the quantity of finds increase. Seems like there are no shortcuts. I guess it would be viable at very low discrimination, but is time saved digging multiple targets and trying to pinpoint with a larger scan area?

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: October 04, 2017 11:03AM
Its not new...many years ago some of the planted hunt members were altering their fisher 1235X to read bigger than the coil to cover more area..stayed clear of that as I felt it was cheating at that time to cover more ground....

Date: October 04, 2017 12:09PM
Dan-Pa.
Its not new...many years ago some of the planted hunt members were altering their fisher 1235X to read bigger than the coil to cover more area..stayed clear of that as I felt it was cheating at that time to cover more ground....

So it's out there,huh? Be real useful on the beach , sport practice fields.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login