Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Equinox Design - Did they get it right?
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 25, 2017 08:01AM
dewcon4414
Us beach guys arent going crazy......... not until we see what Fisher is about to offer. It may well be a PI with disc. Thats a topper for me to about any machine IN the water.

An iron discriminating PI would be one of those "game changers" we all wait for. I would hope it could be true but I have serious doubts and wont be holding off on future detector buying to wait for it.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: September 25, 2017 10:06AM
We have been hearing about Fisher bringing out a multi freq for ages now , now here it says a PI with Disc? in your dreams i think.
But anyway as for the speaker and other things getting salt or sand , i wash my machines when i get home so salt and sand mean nothing .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , 2 x Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) plus 15 inch coil when i can , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

magnetic battery charger
Posted by: bugg
Date: September 25, 2017 10:27AM
that should help keep the water out of the control box.

Re: magnetic battery charger
Date: September 25, 2017 11:05AM
bugg

Its waterproof and has a 3 year warranty.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 , Minelab Explorer XS , 2 x Minelab Equinox 800 (ordered) plus 15 inch coil when i can , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: September 25, 2017 11:19AM
Is this an actual fact that the Equinox has Minelabs 3 yr. transferable warranty?-----I asked this question to a couple of my dealers & even they didn't know yet.
Nuke em
bugg

Date: September 25, 2017 11:33AM
D&P-OR
Is this an actual fact that the Equinox has Minelabs 3 yr. transferable warranty?-----I asked this question to a couple of my dealers & even they didn't know yet.
Nuke em
bugg

Of course it will be . The CTX is waterproof and has 3 year warranty and all other Minelabs except for the Excalibur have 3 years . Heard that it will be too. It wont sell without one.
Pity they dont do 5 years like XP , that would finish XP if this machine is faster like they say. Not that is what i want of XP but it wont alf stuff them a bit.

Date: September 25, 2017 01:01PM
Well------Not ALL Minelabs have the three yr. warranty.----In addition or the Excalibur, both the recently released GM 1000 and the Go Finds are 2 yr.------I do hope you are right though in what you "heard" about the 3 yr. on the Equinox---I have one on order.
Nuke em
D&P-OR
Nuke em
bugg

Of course it will be . The CTX is waterproof and has 3 year warranty and all other Minelabs except for the Excalibur have 3 years . Heard that it will be too. It wont sell without one.
Pity they dont do 5 years like XP , that would finish XP if this machine is faster like they say. Not that is what i want of XP but it wont alf stuff them a bit.

Date: September 25, 2017 01:23PM
D&P-OR
Well------Not ALL Minelabs have the three yr. warranty.----In addition or the Excalibur, both the recently released GM 1000 and the Go Finds are 2 yr.------I do hope you are right though in what you "heard" about the 3 yr. on the Equinox---I have one on order.
Nuke em
D&P-OR
Nuke em
bugg

No doubt it will have 3 years . Its a Terra replacement , that has 3 years too . definitely 3 years . Minelab would not release a what i think a new potential top seller with less than 3 years .

I will call a dealer about it tomorrow but i am sure its 3 years.

Date: September 25, 2017 01:42PM
Ok, thanks.
Nuke em
D&P-OR
Nuke em
D&P-OR
Nuke em
bugg

No doubt it will have 3 years . Its a Terra replacement , that has 3 years too . definitely 3 years . Minelab would not release a what i think a new potential top seller with less than 3 years .

I will call a dealer about it tomorrow but i am sure its 3 years.

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: September 25, 2017 03:40PM
Nuke Um:

Have you heard of the MANTA ? Some bad ass video's out there from this (French engineer I believe) that supposedly has gone to work for First Texas. Don't rule out a new PI
with discrimination. Just sayin.

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Date: September 25, 2017 03:47PM
"Carolina"
Nuke Um:

Have you heard of the MANTA ? Some bad ass video's out there from this (French engineer I believe) that supposedly has gone to work for First Texas. Don't rule out a new PI

No . No idea. But i think i will stay with Minelab , its what i know. Never got the hang of Fisher or most others actually.

Equinox Design - Did they get it right?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: September 25, 2017 05:25PM
"Carolina"
Nuke Um:

I think everybody has been waiting and waiting and waiting for SOMETHING to come out of FTP. People in the know have alluded to something groundbreaking coming from that direction, but in the meanwhile spring comes and goes, another year goes by, other companies bring out new products, people come and go from the detecting world, used detectors get sold and passed around and so forth.

The detecting world around us isn't going to stop and wait for FTP to come out with their new machine. When, and if, this new machine actually hits the ground, people will do just what they're doing now with the introduction of the Equinox. The forums will light up, videos will show up on U-Tube, debates will ensue, detectorists will try and figure out how to add the new latest/greatest to their current arsenal of detectors. Do they add a detector or sell some in order to make room? Others will wait for PROOF that it actually works and is coming off the manufacturing line as a quality product.

If FTP makes an introduction of this new detector between now and when the Equinox hits the street, they may draw the attention of those looking at the Equinox similar to what we've seen with the Equinox drawing the attention of those looking at the Garrett AT Max and XP Deus. Savy marketing move some say.

Meanwhile, the seasons move on and hopefully all of us are finding time to do some research and get out in the field for some detecting adventures.

Rich -

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: September 25, 2017 05:46PM
Rich (Utah)

I think everybody has been waiting and waiting and waiting for SOMETHING to come out of FTP. People in the know have alluded to something groundbreaking coming from that direction, but in the meanwhile spring comes and goes, another year goes by, other companies bring out new products, people come and go from the detecting world, used detectors get sold and passed around and so forth.

Rich -

For a moment I thought you were talking about Tesoro :crylol:

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: September 25, 2017 06:08PM
Nuke Um, Rich & Jason:

I would like to hear your response to the following video. Google

AQUAMANTA A1 TESTS HARDELOT

CLICK ON THE YOU TUBE VIDEO

This is a PI detector invented by Alexandre Tartar a French physicist hired this year by First Texas on their engineering team.
This is a re-engineered Aquastar 5 I believe. I know he has played around with lots of Eric's PI detectors.

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Date: September 25, 2017 06:18PM
Rich-----You couldn't have said all that better!!:thumbup: I agree 1000%.:smile:~
Rich (Utah)
"Carolina"
Nuke Um:

The detecting world around us isn't going to stop and wait for FTP to come out with their new machine. When, and if, this new machine actually hits the ground, people will do just what they're doing now with the introduction of the Equinox. The forums will light up, videos will show up on U-Tube, debates will ensue, detectorists will try and figure out how to add the new latest/greatest to their current arsenal of detectors. Do they add a detector or sell some in order to make room? Others will wait for PROOF that it actually works and is coming off the manufacturing line as a quality product.

If FTP makes an introduction of this new detector between now and when the Equinox hits the street, they may draw the attention of those looking at the Equinox similar to what we've seen with the Equinox drawing the attention of those looking at the Garrett AT Max and XP Deus. Savy marketing move some say.

Meanwhile, the seasons move on and hopefully all of us are finding time to do some research and get out in the field for some detecting adventures.

Rich -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login