Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
OK....Fess Up! What Was A Big Blooper Which Happened To You Metal Detecting :rofl:?
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: September 24, 2017 01:02AM
Mine was driving across town, with a great spot in mind. When I got there, I realized that I forgot my metal detector at home!

Re: OK....Fess Up! What Was A Big Blooper Which Happened To You Metal Detecting :rofl:?
Posted by: Architex
Date: September 24, 2017 07:55AM
What are you talking about.....I NEVER make any kind of mistake !!!

:pinnochio

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Re: OK....Fess Up! What Was A Big Blooper Which Happened To You Metal Detecting :rofl:?
Posted by: sprchng
Date: September 24, 2017 09:25AM
I had to change the batteries out in my etrac once and left the dead battery on the bumper. Of course I left it there when I drove home later. When I discovered it was gone and hauled butt back to the spot I was at , as I turned the last corner to where I was parked I drove right over the top of it. It was not the RNB , they never seem to go dead!!

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: September 24, 2017 12:13PM
One evening I made certain that both Batteries for my Xcal were charged and ready. Next morning I drove 32 miles to the beach. Got everything ready and walked onto the beach. Turned on the Xcal and NOTHING. Was in a near panic until I realized that the battery was not on the machine. So I drove home retrieved the batteries and drove back to the beach.

Last week. Drove to the beach. Reached into the trunk of the car and No Detector.

My Excuse is that I am old and forgetful. Any excuse is better than none.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: detectin4fun
Date: September 24, 2017 01:36PM
Back when I got my first detector I had done some coin shooting in dirt and tot lots prior to going to MB to detect in the sand. I was equipped with a home made sand scoop and was enjoying the easy digging. I was hunting areas that showed signs of heavy foot traffic. I got the best loud signal and scooped many times seeing nothing and each time I checked the signal was still there. I was scoping and realized I was getting some attention and looked around and realized I was half way to my knees deep and still getting a strong signal. I studied the location and then noticed that a hundred or so feet away was an exposed metal pipe coming from the first street inland on the shore glancing back toward the surf I realized I was attempting to dig up a drainage from the buildings on ocean Blvd. I covered the hole and gladly walked away before anyone asked me if I found anything. I learn to raise the coil high to check for a large target after that.

Posted by: budster
Date: September 24, 2017 03:00PM
Drove from Kentucky to Oklahoma to visit family and detect an old swimming hole. Packed waders, detector, extra batteries, and everything else I thought I would. Got there, visited, went to the swimming hole and no scoop. Turned out I had to drive another 50 miles to buy one, I now have 3 water scoops. I won't tell you why I had to buy the second one.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: September 24, 2017 07:32PM
While surf hunting i got an odd signal tone like i aint never heard,it keep getting louder and louder until the insides of my ears started tingling.. i immediately ran out of the water and threw my headphones onto the ground... it was then i realized it was just my cell phone ringing which i had clipped to the top of my headphones. . it wasnt so much the ring tone of the phone so much as it was in vibration mode which rattled my ears....

Troy Galloway, Years back before he built the Shadow's went out with his CZ-6
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 24, 2017 09:42PM
He drove from Dallas to the Big Thicket, maybe 300 miles.
Arrived, unpacked; headphones on his head, he goes to plug them in..........left the pigtail adapter at home (no internal speaker.) :blink:
Loaded up, back to Dallas. :sadwalk:

When you hold the loop waist high and get a signal...
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 24, 2017 09:53PM
...odds diminish slightly from the possibility its a dime, or thin band gold ring.
(But it could be a thousand gold doubloons) :buds:

Posted by: BarryL
Date: September 25, 2017 04:37PM
Mine was driving for an hour and realizing I left my Digging pouch and pinpointer on the work bench as well as my backup detector

Posted by: jimmyzr1
Date: September 25, 2017 09:52PM
This happened this past Saturday at the Rye Patch hunt, when I stepped in a grass covered hole, spraining my right knee and landing on my XpDeus.

Posted by: budster
Date: September 26, 2017 10:18AM
jimmyzr1
This happened this past Saturday at the Rye Patch hunt, when I stepped in a grass covered hole, spraining my right knee and landing on my XpDeus.
That is not good:surprised:

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: September 26, 2017 10:22AM
That had to hurt. The good side is the detector can be fixed.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: enderman
Date: September 26, 2017 10:37AM
I was cleaning the mud off of the Deus before a detect one day I put the pieces in the car to dry off while I drove a half hour to a site.

When I got to the beach, I realized I only had the lower stem with coil and the remote, no upper shaft I had mostly everything, there was no way I wanted to drive home so I had to improvise.

I proceeded to squat down and shoved the lower part of the detector up my ass, I held the remote in one hand and scoop in the other. I waddled around for a couple hours, found a few coins and a junker ring.

The sun was going down, I decide to start detecting back towards the parking lot when I realized a bunch of people were staring at me.
Apparently my shirt was inside out, I was so embarrassed.

Posted by: mascard1
Date: September 26, 2017 04:22PM
jimmyzr1
No w it fits him perfect

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login