Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What a turn in developments, rats !
Posted by: Dancer
Date: October 05, 2017 06:26AM
So about 12years ago I got a Camping trailer near a rural event center. Within a short walk, a vibrant grassy parking lot. Lot of fresh drops during the summer months. Than hard times came along, place even closed a few years. New owners came along , the place is humming again. Last two mornings picked up little over $10 in clad. I'm sitting on a real nice honey hole. Now today's paper, place is doing so good, their paving the parking lot next spring. I just can't stand it !!! So pitifull, I have to laugh.
Oh it gets better, back home nice little fishing lake. Their gonna drain it !

Re: What a turn in developments, rats !
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: October 05, 2017 07:25AM
If people swim in that lake you may have another honey hole when the water goes down. I would work that parking lot hard over the fall and clean out as much as possible of the clad infestation.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Re: What a turn in developments, rats !
Posted by: Hoser John
Date: October 05, 2017 09:05AM
So they're paving paradise and putting in a parking lot. Progress they say but there goes the charm of the place right out the window,sad to hear. Lake draining wow thats REALLY is bad-John

That's certainly nothing to dance about !
Posted by: dirt doctor
Date: October 08, 2017 12:28PM
I feel for you Brother and I can certainly relate . As time goes on all my spots are disappearing or being rendered unhuntable in one way or another also , plus with getting up there in years there is the onset of some physical limitations .

Kudos to GeorgeinSC for putting some silver linings on some cloudy situations . I hope you get some really nice and memorable finds from those locations . When I look over some of my finds from past opportunities that no longer exist I am so happy that I was able to get them when I did .Best of luck to all who read this .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login