Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: OK,what has been your favorite,pet, detector
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: October 12, 2017 05:27AM
Sovereign GT. One amazing detector!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: Elton
Date: October 12, 2017 02:36PM
Bowie:

Having given a lot of thought to your question.

My most enjoyable detector over the many years was the Whites Eagle II SL 90.

I don't know if it was the technology of the detector.The awesome finds I made, or the build of the detector.
Maybe it was all those things in one bundle.Might have been my age at the time( LOL) I have used many different detectors since.
Many very good ones.But have never experienced the shear joy I did using that detector.I couldn't wait to get out detecting every opportunity I had.
When I look back over my finds .....I always feel that pleasure I had when I used that detector.

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 02:37PM by Elton.

Posted by: GlenOK
Date: October 12, 2017 03:39PM
Would be a Teknetics Mark 1 hip-mount. Then a Explorer II with 8" sunray coil. Both of these were great detectors and found lots of coins for me.

Posted by: Shenandoah Digger
Date: October 13, 2017 04:48AM
I've used many detectors over the years and have liked most of them, but the detector I bonded with best has been the original Teknetics Omega 8000. It's not perfect, suffering from EMI problems, but in the right areas it is a lot of fun to use and picks out good finds in trashy sites.

Diggin' since 1967
First used a Jetco detector
Current lineup-
AKA Sorex Pro
Detech Relic Striker
Fisher F19
Fisher F44
Garrett AT Gold
Teknetics Omega 8000
Tesoro Vaquero
White's MX5

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 17, 2017 07:30PM
CTX with 17" coil,Explorer2 with 8" Sunray,IDXPro with stock 950 coil....in that order. But that's considering the kind of hunting I'm doing,if I were relic hunting or water hunting things might be different with different machines.

Posted by: michael NY
Date: October 17, 2017 10:44PM
To me thats asking do you have a favorite child lol! Honestely I dug some insane coins hunting constantly with my Minelab Sovereign XS DTI meter Sunray probe. But past few years the go to machine has been my Fisher Coinstrike and switching coils out. I mainly hunt for old coins and this detector performes excellent in mineral infested ground. Happy going over same area with Explorer xs not missing anything.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 18, 2017 07:01AM
F19 / Deus strangely very similar detectors in a lot of ways..

AJ

Posted by: tozz51
Date: October 26, 2017 06:54PM
Sovereign GT with a WOT, great machine on the beach

Posted by: tometusns
Date: October 27, 2017 09:41PM
Found a ton of coins with my whites 6000di pro. (Not sure my elbow has ever recovered) the etrac perhaps the best machine I've had but I think the f19 is my favorite...it's just fun to hunt with.

Posted by: ken ward
Date: October 28, 2017 09:09AM
I think for my at my age?? It would be my Tesoro Compadre. I have found more gold and silver with that little bugger than anything. My second would be my very old, First modle Whites Surfmaster II. I dont even know how many times it has paid for its self. I have had many other detectors in the past too. Now for the past year I been using the new Tesoro Mojave. It is like my Compadre on drugs.That is my line up... KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: slingshot
Date: October 28, 2017 10:39AM
Mine is the White's MX5- one I don't see mentioned anymore. It has everything I only dreamed of 40 years ago.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: October 28, 2017 05:11PM
The Nautilus 2b.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: tozz51
Date: November 04, 2017 01:55PM
Sovereign Gt with a WOT

OK,what has been your favorite,pet, detector
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 09, 2017 05:25PM
Lots of remarkable memories over the years with a number of different detectors.

A favorite is my original Whites Eagle with the 6" eliminator coil by Jimmy Sierra. Great combination.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1158415

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login