Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DeTech Chaser anyone using it yet?N/T
Posted by: Frank in NH
Date: November 09, 2017 01:18PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: DeTech Chaser anyone using it yet?
Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 09, 2017 08:25PM
Richard has by now.

Posted by: dan h
Date: November 09, 2017 08:34PM
Just received it on Tuesday, will use it Saturday for an introductory session and will report here.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 10, 2017 05:46AM
Got mine last week...too rainy here. Hope to get out for a hunt soon.

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Garrett AT MAX*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Bill_S
Date: November 10, 2017 06:17AM
I should have one delivered today. I will put up some air test videos and try to get out tomorrow for some live digs.

Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 10, 2017 08:22AM
I've done a few air tests with mine. Hits a CW button good @12"... boxplate @18"... Coins @10-11". Zero disc, 60 sens, 1 tone. This is inside the house too. Been raining here all week, so I haven't been out hunting yet. :ranting:

T2SE* Nautilus 2b w/ GG DMC headphones * Garrett AT MAX*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Sand dog
Date: November 10, 2017 05:41PM
Sounds like a powerful machine, can’t wait to see a video “in English “ on its in ground depth and disc capabilities. I’m very interested in one of these machines.

John

Posted by: cz70pro
Date: November 11, 2017 05:12PM
Bill_S
I should have one delivered today. I will put up some air test videos and try to get out tomorrow for some live digs.

Saw your air test video yesterday. Very impressive stability when on max sensitivity. Look forward to seeing your field test videos on this machine. I've been intrigued with this one.

Date: November 11, 2017 05:35PM
Probably not going to do any field test videos. This detector just don't work for my type hunting. To me its more of a relic machine and I like to hunt trashy parks.

Posted by: Richard@BackwoodsDetectors
Date: November 12, 2017 06:30PM
Check out this link... http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2406439,2406439#msg-2406439

The detector will definitely work for relics and older homes.. If you want to hunt newer sites, you can do that by running the disc right up to nickels or up to zincs. There is a learning curve and
actually it is going to take hands-on to do that. Definitely a keeper. Richard

Date: November 12, 2017 09:46PM
When I ran the disc up to zinc all it did was cut out ID numbers and left the sound in. That seemed kind of backwards to me. Maybe I am not doing something right. If there is a way to disc out everything up to zinc and kill the audio and or the ID numbers let me know. I haven't figured out how to do that.

Posted by: woodchiphustler
Date: November 16, 2017 06:34AM
Bill,
Working on that issue at the moment. Extreme ground minerals cuts the depth like other detectors. I sent mine after testing to Keith Southern for a second opinion. Richard what mode were you in to get it to eliminate sound on zincs?

George Tex Kinsey
The Original Buttondigger since 1969
Still on the "right side of the grass"
A Findmall fan and supporter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login