Findmall.com

Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
On Some Hunts.....You Find The Craziest Things:smoke:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: November 10, 2017 12:25AM

I just had to get out! It's been getting real cold with the wind chill factor lately. Today I had a strong wind from the south, so I hunted a sheltered area protected from the wind. I eyeballed a pair of work socks someone hung out to dry at one time. Must have been drunk and forgot where they were? There were remnants of numerous makeshift campsites around the area with the usual beer cans, bottle caps and garbage.

Here are the few items I dug today! But......things got better!

I got a good mid 80's signal, hoping to find a silver quarter. Instead, I got this old Dinky Toy. I realized after looking at it, that it wasn't complete. I searched the area, and managed to find another wheel. After some Googling I discovered that the steam engine was manufactured in 1958. It (the original steam engine) used to travel with carnivals in 1924 as a novelty for families, farmers and kids.

After trudging through the snow for some time, I came across a purse, sort of hidden in the bushes. I grabbed it, having fantasies of stolen loot, or jewelry, diamonds. After opening it, I was disappointed, to find a few old business cards and a tiny glass sample tube of women's perfume.

And of course.......the craziest find of the day! A pair of ladies high heeled pink boots, out in the middle of nowhere in the woods. There was absolutely no wear on the soles of those boots. Stolen probably, but why did the end up here?

Re: On Some Hunts.....You Find The Craziest Things:smoke:
Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: November 10, 2017 03:23PM
I'm thinking crime scene........

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Posted by: dfmike
Date: November 10, 2017 07:01PM
John you make the coolest and wackiest finds ever ! I would search that site again. Something intriguing going on over there for sure. :)

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Posted by: Skillet
Date: November 10, 2017 07:22PM
Did the boots fit?
Could be a useful find!

Haw!

Date: November 10, 2017 09:49PM
They were "tight" just how I like them to be!:rofl:

Date: November 10, 2017 09:50PM
Now that the crack-heads are gone for the winter, I plan on hunting it again!

Date: November 10, 2017 09:51PM
Crime scene.......got idea! But no crime committed that I know of?

Posted by: dfmike
Date: November 11, 2017 09:24AM
Any issues with the detector at -8 ?

Active detectors: Fisher F19 LTD, Nokta Fors CoRe, Makro pointer and way too many coils.
Previous detectors: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705, Fisher F5

Date: November 11, 2017 10:58AM
Non whatsoever......

On Some Hunts.....You Find The Craziest Things:smoke:
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 12, 2017 01:10AM
Skillet
Did the boots fit?
Could be a useful find!

Haw!

:rofl:

I can see johns wife catching him trying those on and he says, “I found them metal detecting” and she says, “if those are the places you’re going detecting, your done”.

Rich

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: kickback
Date: November 12, 2017 08:34AM
Sorry John
The craziest thing I ever found on a metal detecting trip had nothing to do with detecting.It had to do with a mineral hot spring and a lady.......

Posted by: ken ward
Date: November 12, 2017 09:01AM
John, If I come home with them things, My wife would sure have some good questions as to where are you hunting. I know I would have a hard time telling her where I found them.. Than I would get a SMACK on top of my head.
You fine the craziest things.... KEN

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Date: November 15, 2017 05:02PM
And....they stayed in the woods! I surely would not want a rendition of what you just mentioned.:rofl:

Date: November 15, 2017 05:03PM
Enough...enough! I was brought up in a nice Christian family.:angel:

Posted by: dirt lizard
Date: November 17, 2017 06:08AM
Pink wading boots?

Minelab Safari, Golden mask 5, Oldest coins, 1749 King George II half pence, 1783 Nova Constalatio, 1772 Spanish half Reale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login