Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Dusted off the Explorer XS
Posted by: Mike MD
Date: February 13, 2012 07:30PM
I have not posted here in a long time. Well I dusted off the XS last weekend and found 11 Wheaties and a 1880 Indian. I was finding a lot of clad 5 inches deep. I knew there had to be some silver in this area but it might be just out of reach of the stock coil. I ordered a SEF 10 X 12 and it came in this weekend. 26 degrees this morning and the ground was frozen solid so I went fishing till noon. The temps warmed up a little so I got out and and gave the new coil a try. I was able to run the detector manual 27 with the new coil. The stock coil I had to run at 21. I focused only on deeper targets today and came home with 20 Wheaties, 2 Mercs, 1 Washington, and a small silver ring. I'm happy with this new coil and can't wait to get back out.

Mike

Re: Dusted off the Explorer XS
Posted by: cladkiller
Date: February 13, 2012 07:53PM
Id say that coil served you well mike, great finds , best of both worlds fishing in the morning and detecting in the afternoon,
I'm jealous LOL, Thanks for sharing the pics:super:
David

Date: February 13, 2012 08:45PM
Thanks, scored on some nice yellow perch this morning.

Fishing..tecting............and good finds/catches to boot
Posted by: Elton
Date: February 13, 2012 09:06PM
Perfect day !

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 14, 2012 05:43AM
Great hunting, and great job with the new coil. Sounds like that 10x12 is more stable of a coil, at higher sensitivity levels...

Steve

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro (DP)
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: February 14, 2012 03:45PM
Yes the coil is definitely a lot smoother I can't wait till Friday to get out again.

Posted by: CBAILEY IN GA
Date: February 14, 2012 10:25PM
awesome day Mike, glad that coil is working well. CB

Date: February 15, 2012 03:56AM
Thanks. I just found out 3 other people were hunting the same spot this past weekend. I wonder if they did as well as I did. Maybe I will have some company this coming weekend.

Mikr.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login