Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: New to the forum, Just got my SE PRO!!!
Posted by: TwoRivers
Date: February 17, 2012 09:45PM
The 8 inch coil will be good to have, in some areas where the trash/iron are really dense you might want to put one of the smaller coils in your arsenal as well........

Have fun................................................................John

Posted by: AIRFORCEMIKE
Date: February 17, 2012 10:09PM
I think coins is the only once checked when you have factory presets..might have to reset mine once again then just go to Andy's book , look up Bryce's settings for coins..set it all up then play for a few months. Already learning the language of the machine just after today..really glad I went with this minelab.

Posted by: cladkiller
Date: February 18, 2012 05:27AM
mike you'll love this machine its really not as hard as it seems, it took me about two times out to get the hang of it , i still ran the factory settings for a while, what i did after reading it here on the forum was to make a test garden ! it really helped me , get your self some silver in some of those holes at different depths so you can hear that silver warble tone. maybe throw a nail in there to, and see if you can pick it out thru the nulling!!!!
good luck my friend,

David

Posted by: Big Boys Hobbies
Date: February 18, 2012 06:54AM
Congrats! Killer machine on the silver!

Bart Davis
Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Minelab Metal Detectors Fisher Metal Detectors Teknetics Metal Detectors Garrett Metal Detectors XP Deus Dealer.

Date: February 18, 2012 07:14AM
Thanks Bart!!! I still need to get with you on a F2..will call ya. Dave today will be me doing them tests like you said. I need to hear this warble thing..lol. If I do good today will post some pics, but Dave your right I know this machine is not as hard to learn as other percive. I have read Andy's book already and go over it daily. I did a year of research on theese machines and asked 1000's of questions. Then one day I can teach and leave you all alone.
thanks for all you inspiration and help guys/ladies.
AFmike

Date: February 18, 2012 07:06PM
First day out with the Pro..first silver and first ring!!! silver ring..and the usual clad..going to hit an old park tomorrow they plowed under..looks real promising. Thanks for all your help..used Bryces coin pattern in Andy's book for this hunt. I touched nothing but what it explained in Andy's book along with the revisions Bryce posted that did not get changed in time for printing.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 20, 2012 11:05AM
OUTSTANDING, Mike. Nice finds -- already! That didn't take you long... :)

Steve

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro (DP)
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: February 21, 2012 07:03PM
Not at all..first day out but i read the whole Andy book and did a TON of research before I explored. My advice to any new SE PRO owners is run in factory settings. The only things I messed with is in Andy's book went off of Bryces coin settings ..thats it. Anyone can make them small adjustments. This way i was not frustrated at all!!! Machine did what its suppose to do..calculate and hunt. Im so happy with this machine. Me and the SE are now BUDS!!!

MINELAB CTX 3030, XP DEUS, Lesche, , Camo Killer B's, Garrett PP