Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Starting to really like the SEF coil
Posted by: flylaps
Date: February 29, 2012 08:43AM
I wasn't thrilled with the 10x12 SEF coil the first few times I used it. It weighs a ton and wasn't finding much more than I normally find with any coil. The last few times I've been out with this coil it has produced. It is amazing how high I can run the sensitivity on the old XS and it runs smooth. Yesterday I went to a park that I have pounded to death way more times than I can remember. This place is full of rusty nails so you can usually squeak something out. This is from a 3 hour hunt. All the silver had rusty nails in the hole with them except the 1960 rosie which was 8" deep straight on edge. The mercs,both 1918, were about 6" and one had two nails and a rusted nut in the hole.
The barbers were a good 8" down, 1907&1911. One amazed me, it was laying flat at that depth, but had two rusted nails right on top of it. Wish I would have had the camera with for that one. The crosshairs would show iron, but from one direction I could get a pretty good silver warble. Also got the toasted 1885 Indian and 6 wheaties. Probably keep swingin the sef for a while. Enjoy!

Matt

Re: Starting to really like the SEF coil - Wow!
Posted by: cometguy
Date: February 29, 2012 08:56AM
Those results make me want to try one. Nice. ANy time you can pick up silver, let alone several silvers I am impressed. I have been tempted by the little SEFP coil. The 8? Right now, I am new to Minelab and only have the Pro coil on my Explorer. Thanks, for sharing. Gives me thoughts of trying something new.

Don

thanx for the report and pix. Nice. n/t
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: February 29, 2012 09:48AM
n/t

Re: Starting to really like the SEF coil
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: February 29, 2012 12:52PM
Great story, great finds! Very nice!

Steve

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Fisher Gold Bug Pro (DP)
Garrett ProPointer
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: McDave
Date: February 29, 2012 02:49PM
You just needed another rosie for a double dime trifecta ! Congrats !!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MNcoinhunter
Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett AT Pro
White's Coinmaster 5H/DM G.E.B.

Posted by: samuel_schumaker
Date: February 29, 2012 04:10PM
A 6x8 sef is my next purchase, im hoping it will settle my machine down a little. Getting tired of all the sounds that never repeat and i hope that will help atleast a little. Starting to wonder if my soil is highly mineralized or something

Five silvers and an Indian, I'd say thats real good!!N/T
Posted by: TwoRivers
Date: February 29, 2012 04:46PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: EladSwerdna
Date: February 29, 2012 05:33PM
I was thinking about getting a 10x12sef for me SE. I hear many good things about this coil. Does it really feel that much heavier than the pro-coil? I guess I could look it up...

10x12SEF = 1.3 lbs
Pro-Coil = 1.1 lbs

So only a few ounces difference? Not too bad...

Posted by: Derrelld
Date: February 29, 2012 07:55PM
It rarely comes off the end of my explorer!!!! Im impressed by it every time I use it. Keep the great finds rolling in :)

IM JUST A KID THAT LIKES TO PLAY IN THE DIRT :)
:minelab: ~CTX 3030, Explorer SE, E-trac & Blisstool~ Sunray Probes, Garrett Pro Pointer, 12X13 N#@, 10x12 SEF, 12x15 SEF, 11 Inch Pro, Sunray X-8, 6 Inch Excelerator

Posted by: cladkiller
Date: February 29, 2012 09:28PM
Awesome digs Matt , a buddy of mine just bout one, he says he loves it as well !!!
thanks for sharing the story and the pics,:thumbup:

David

After reading all of Bryce's reports at the top of the page...
Posted by: DoughBoyDoug
Date: March 01, 2012 01:50PM
I couldn't resist trying one either. I LOVE it and hardly ever take it off.
Glad you have a good report too.
Nice job

Posted by: Great Republic
Date: March 03, 2012 04:56AM
Love that coil. Nice bunch o keepers there. Great hunt.

Posted by: Eddie in Poulsbo
Date: March 03, 2012 12:31PM
Very nice finds Matt.:clapping: A five silver day is great and an Injun to boot. HH.

Eddie

Posted by: amc rulz
Date: March 04, 2012 12:23AM
Great finds! Been using the 10X12 for a couple years, hardly take it off ever...great for trashy spots too, even tho it's a larger coil.

oh yeah

Posted by: utahshovelhead
Date: March 04, 2012 10:58AM
Ive been running two of the SEF coils almost exclusively. the 10x12 for deep open areas and the 8x10 for the real trashy sites (construction, iron bogs, ect.) I realy like the performanc of those coils here in my mineralized soils.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login