Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: How many of you still use your Explorer?
Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: July 06, 2017 07:49PM
I bought into an Se Pro middle of last year and use it all the time. Recently bought an Etrac for a backup. The SE gets the nod before the Etrac. Love that deep silver tone.

Posted by: JJ
Date: July 09, 2017 09:46PM
Sold my Exp II for a Ctx, have a few years under my belt now. I often miss the days of a super deep unquestionable signal, comparing it to my buddies machine, debating whether its a seated or barber just by the sound, those days are long gone. I still hit deepies but miss the confidence i had with an Explorer

Difference between Ctx and Explorer?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: July 10, 2017 06:39AM
JJ
Sold my Exp II for a Ctx, have a few years under my belt now. I often miss the days of a super deep unquestionable signal, comparing it to my buddies machine, debating whether its a seated or barber just by the sound, those days are long gone. I still hit deepies but miss the confidence i had with an Explorer

I've only found two barber dimes since I've been detecting (about 18 years with Minelab starting with the XS) . Never found a seated anything. So I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Found an 1804 half penny, which to my knowledge is the oldest coin I've found so far. I don't count old large coppers that were so warn there are no identifying features on them.

Could you tell the difference between a seated and a barber by the digital numbers of Co/Fe?

I know it is very easy to tell a clad dime/quarter from a silver dime/quarter by Co/Fe numbers.

So what is the difference between the Ctx and Explorer? Is the Ctx better in iron than the Explorer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 06:39AM by Tony N (Michigan).

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: July 10, 2017 04:15PM
I have been using my Explorer 11 for quite a while now . My E.Trac is back in its box and clean as new .
Its a fine machine but i just like using my E 11 , i like the tones which seem higher pitched than the ET , i use the Gray Ghost headphones and they are perfect with the E 11 .
I will be running my E 11 for all this year at least .
Cant beat the FBS on the beach .
One thing for sure it is as good as the CTX or ET though those machines do have better target info numbers wise .
I will never go back to the CTX which i sold around 1 year after buying it on the day it was released , i class that a backward step .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: kingingkunsan
Date: July 18, 2017 03:42AM
I do sort of. It is in storage while I am in South Korea for a year. When I return I plan on upgrading to the E-trac. I have had the EXII for about 14 years and it has a few minor issues. I will keep the EXII as a back up.

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: July 18, 2017 02:41PM
kingingkunsan
I do sort of. It is in storage while I am in South Korea for a year. When I return I plan on upgrading to the E-trac. I have had the EXII for about 14 years and it has a few minor issues. I will keep the EXII as a back up.

You cant go wrong with the E trac, its an awesome machine! You wont be disappointed!

Posted by: MINELABMIKE
Date: October 19, 2017 01:20PM
I have also owned all the explorers went to etrac then ctx3030 but still went back to the best detector made my opinion and that's the explorer se pro

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 19, 2017 04:16PM
I continue to use my SE Pro regularly; it's my go-to machine -- just used it today!

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Ted S
Date: October 19, 2017 05:39PM
Had mine out yesterday. Only a few days of good hunting weather left...I think!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login