Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Do you now have two coil connectors? If so, why?
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: August 31, 2017 07:23PM
Tony N (Michigan)
n/t

One is for the main coil, the other is for the X1 probe. There is a small toggle switch also bottom/right side of the forward half of the control box to switch between the two. That whole bundle of birds nest X1/switch box on the lower shaft stuff was ripped out. :thumbup:

Re: SE Pro Modded
Date: August 31, 2017 07:44PM
Rich (Utah)
Frank in NH
Charles what are you going to do too your Deus when you get it? :devil:

I'm thinking Charles is going to go wireless ยต-ear buds with a flexible solar panel on the Deus logo ball cap. :thumbup:

How did the maiden voyage go?

Rich -

Connect it to my oscilloscope and program it for small gold :devil:.

Guys its possible the mighty Explorer has finally been dethroned. DEUS wow, especially version 4 that came out recently. Its deeper, its even better at getting a hit on good targets in iron. Its 1.9 lbs. Its wireless, wireless headphones, wireless coil, wireless display module. Did I mention its only 1.9 lbs? I'm just getting started.

Another recent DEUS development, high frequency coils, HIGH I said like gold prospecting territory high frequency. You can't do that with an Explorer. Each coil gives you a choice of 3 different high frequencies, basically a normal frequency like you would see on a coin/relic detector plus a mid high frequency, and a upper high frequency. Plus 7 offsets of those 3 primary frequencies. So rather than buying a 2nd detector in the gold prospecting frequency range, toss a HF coil on the DEUS and presto. But if that's not working during your hunt or you want to switch back to a normal frequency coil for more depth on coin size targets just press a button. No running back to your vehicle to swap machines.

Question: What 3 high value targets are almost never dug on a beach even though gobs of them have been piling up on beaches for decades? What high value targets are never dug in the dirt inland? The answer is why I ordered a DEUS. :devil:

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: August 31, 2017 08:42PM
Charles,have you run the CTX?

SE Pro Modded
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: August 31, 2017 11:37PM
Just a guess here as I'm not been a beach or water hunter.

Gold necklaces (fine chains), bracelets and diamond earrings?

How'd I do?

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2017 11:40PM by Rich (Utah).

Date: September 01, 2017 08:33AM
IDXMonster
Charles,have you run the CTX?

Yes, returned to Explorer SE Pro. Also eTrac then returned to SE Pro.

Date: September 01, 2017 08:45AM
Rich (Utah)
Just a guess here as I'm not been a beach or water hunter.

Gold necklaces (fine chains), bracelets and diamond earrings?

How'd I do?

Rich (Utah)

You are two for three...

Fine chains are likely undetectable even with the HF coils, I'm talking the finest chains. Maybe get a hit on the clasp IF very near the surface. Its medium to medium large chains I'm interested in. Detectors only see the individual chain links and clasp so even the medium to medium large chains are mostly undetectable, even if you ball the chain up and rub it on an Explorer coil. When a chain is dug typically its because the gold cross or medallion is still on the chain and its that which was detected.

Diamond stud gold earrings BINGO! Here's what's interesting, I dig gobs and gobs of silver stud earrings. Hardly a beach hunt goes by where I don't dig a silver stud earing and if those are being lost in those numbers there must be diamond stud earrings out there. And since they have been undetectable there should be decades of them piled up. In the late fall/winter/early spring season where storms strip off the summer sand and organize targets by size/weight and wash all the bits of foil away that's probably when I'd slow down with the HF coil and go hunt these.

The biggie...diamond solitaire wedding rings. Wedding bands are routinely lost and dug but the diamond solitaire wedding rings are rare. Those rings typically have a very thin lighter band, to make the diamond look as large as possible. The 'theory' is those rings sink/orient diamond down due to the weight of the stone so they are sitting out there like a coin on edge and thus not detectable. The only one I found was in the surf where targets were getting flipped over. Soft hit, textbook pull tab vs gold wedding bands hit much stronger. Sold for $3,300.

In the dirt similar to diamond solitaire wedding rings...wait for it...coins on edge. Go experiment with the Explorer with coins on edge and you will see why these HF DEUS coils which can get a hit on the edge of the coin is something I'm looking at. :thumbup:

Breaking: I got a report yesterday from Ed, he saw a DEUS dig a large cent a foot deep right before his eyes. :shocked:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 08:50AM by Charles (Upstate NY).

Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: September 01, 2017 12:47PM
Charles (Upstate NY)
The answer is why I ordered a DEUS. :devil:

Not to mention that it weighs less than a ball point pen. ;)

Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 01, 2017 12:58PM
Charles, you are getting me pumped up on this Deus thingy.

I am not bragging, but this past spring I found a balled up chain and one engagement ring with a small diamond.
I returned the ring to the owner standing near by. These were all in dirt fields and not very deep.
I was surprised that I was able to hear them - maybe its my hearing aids in both ears.

Best of luck with both new Se Pro set up and Deus

BigTony

Date: September 01, 2017 01:39PM
BigTony
Charles, you are getting me pumped up on this Deus thingy.

I am not bragging, but this past spring I found a balled up chain and one engagement ring with a small diamond.
I returned the ring to the owner standing near by. These were all in dirt fields and not very deep.
I was surprised that I was able to hear them - maybe its my hearing aids in both ears.

Best of luck with both new Se Pro set up and Deus

The Deus seems like the real deal, time will tell. At my age its definitely time for a lighter machine so there's that.

Re: I am all for a lighter machine. I can't wait to hear your results.N/T
Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 01, 2017 01:54PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

BigTony

Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: September 01, 2017 02:52PM
I just hooked up the WOT coil on my SE Pro... that lightweight Deus is very attractive after swinging that monster for an hour or two.

Deus depth, I have dug measured 58 cal Minnie's at measured 16-18" with my Deus
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: September 01, 2017 07:54PM
Charles, glad to see you're back at it.

I'm talking careful digging with a pinpointer until it's visible but still in the dirt.

I've done it probably 15 times in pounded sites, deepest machine for me in 44 years and the only one I can tote any more

Jerry in VA

P. S. Nice modification on the SE pro

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: September 02, 2017 04:44PM
Now why cant Minelab do something like that ?

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 plus 15x12 inch coil (ordered) plus 1 x 800 maybe? (THAT DEPEND ON WET SALT BEACH CAPABILITY) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: MikeO
Date: September 03, 2017 01:46AM
Very nice work Charles

Detecting since 1979
Findmall member since 2000
Became a dedicated Minelab user in 2000 with a XS

Favorite find ever a 1834 Half Dime (15 years ago)
Oldest coin ever found a 1734 Real (11 years ago)

One of my favotites from 2012 season an 1857 Flying Eagle Cent.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1795264,1795264#msg-1795264

Favorite coin from 2013 season an 1835 Capped Bust Dime.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1962866,1962866

Favorite coin of 2014 so far an 1849 Large Cent.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,2034861,2034861#msg-2034861

Favorite Silver of 2014 an 1854 Seated Half Dime.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,2106714

A hunt that will likely never be repeated. Silver Three Center and Seated.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,2115392,2115392#msg-2115392

Oldest and largest for 2015 so far 1807 KG
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,2167872,2167872#msg-2167872

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login