Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
For those using the Explorer II, what do you like the most about it?
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: September 30, 2017 08:22AM
I just picked one up as a backup while my CTX is being repaired. What do you guys like about it the most? Thanks.

Re: For those using the Explorer II, what do you like the most about it?
Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: September 30, 2017 08:29AM
"Silver tone" & depth.
Dan(NM)
I just picked one up as a backup while my CTX is being repaired. What do you guys like about it the most? Thanks.

Posted by: mascard1
Date: September 30, 2017 09:43AM
I think the Explorer is deeper...But the CTX is a cleaner sound......Now the E-trac....well sorta in love with that one!

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: September 30, 2017 03:49PM
mascard1
I think the Explorer is deeper...But the CTX is a cleaner sound......Now the E-trac....well sorta in love with that one!

X2^^^^^ By my testing the EX2 has more raw depth but the CTX is more refined in that hearing the deeper coins doesn't take as much listening or finesse. It just hits them. The EX2 is used by myself and many others still,and for a reason.
You'll have a really really fun stable there Dan,it's exactly what I have. When you don't think that one is kicking ass you grab the other and go kick ass with that one. It's a no lose proposition.

Posted by: BigTony
Date: September 30, 2017 08:06PM
Dan, the Exp II has many tools in it that work really well.

FBS (28 frequencies) tone Id, depth, display screen, VDI numbers and ability to use different coils, land, beach, wood chips and even red clay fields.

It took me awhile to learn it because I was mainly a coin shooter that had only used signal frequency VLF machines both dial type and digital and one without a display.

Go slow, test some targets that you are looking for and remember where they hit and the VDI's then go have some fun.

Tony

BigTony

Posted by: McDave
Date: October 01, 2017 10:41AM
Love it .. Although I prefer auto, the depth obtained in manual sensitivity is amazing.

A question .. Will the RNB lithium batteries work with the EX II ? Thanks ..

Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett AT Pro

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2017 10:44AM by McDave.

Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: October 01, 2017 10:49AM
McDave
Love it .. Although I prefer auto, the depth obtained in manual sensitivity is amazing.

A question .. Will the RNB lithium batteries work with the EX II ? Thanks ..

Yes it will.

Posted by: McDave
Date: October 01, 2017 10:54AM
Ok thanks .. was holding off on getting one until I knew for sure. Didn’t know if it could handle it.

Northern Minnesota
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett AT Pro

Personally I think it is the best detector Minelab ever made
Posted by: wpaxt
Date: October 04, 2017 02:47PM
Just put a Pro Coil on it. and no one will touch you.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 04, 2017 09:32PM
McDave
Ok thanks .. was holding off on getting one until I knew for sure. Didn’t know if it could handle it.

99.9% of all machines are voltage regulated internally,meaning....no matter the input,it'll only allow the operating voltage "through" to the inner workings,PCB,etc. Don't go hooking a car battery up now! The RNB will work with all Safari,etrac,Explorers,etc. Spectacular investment that you'll NEVER regret!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login