Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone here go from Minelab to a different detector?
Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: October 01, 2017 02:39PM
Has anyone here go from Minelab to a different modern/recent detector and your finds increased?

Re: Anyone here go from Minelab to a different detector?
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: October 01, 2017 03:43PM
Tony (Michigan)
Has anyone here go from Minelab to a different modern/recent detector and your finds increased?

It went the other way for me, tried several different top of the line brands, never could gel with any of them. I kept going back to watch was working in the first place.

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 01, 2017 03:47PM
I didn't leave Minelab, but added a Deus to my arsenal recently for small gold which my SE Pro can't touch. The Deus kicks the SE Pro's butt on small gold, not even a contest. Target separation is also night and day vs the SE Pro and dang the Deus is deep. No air gap issue on the Deus vs the SE Pro. Deus handles the nasty volcanic black sand in the Pacific NW much better than the SE Pro. On the other hand the Deus is FAIL at discriminating rusty crown caps, its pathetic how bad it is at this. Conversely on the SE Pro it handles rusty crown caps so well you can actually use its crown cap discrimination to find coins hiding under the crown caps. Target ID accuracy, SE Pro remains the king there is much room for improvement on the Deus. Love the Deus wireless everything, love the light weight dang 2.24 pounds.

Explorer SE Pro has been a swiss army knife for me, parks, fields, reclis, beach. I jumped to the eTrac and returned to SE Pro. Then I jumped to the CTX and again returned to the SE Pro. Somewhere in there was the Infinium bobby pin digger. Now I have my sites set on the Equinox to replace my too heavy for a 50 year old Excalibur.

Date: October 01, 2017 05:45PM
There's a pretty good way for Deus to tell you if it's a rust crown cap. Save a program you normally hunt in then save a program next to it that operates in 4kHz.
If you think you have a rusty cap hit the plus button to go to the 4khz program and I think if the numbers go down it's a rusty cap. Can't remember if it goes down or up. Test it.

Date: October 01, 2017 05:48PM
Dan(NM)
Tony (Michigan)

It went the other way for me, tried several different top of the line brands, never could gel with any of them. I kept going back to watch was working in the first place.

I went from the Explorers to the E-trac. Glad I did. I also got a Deus. Hot machine. It's not Digiorno, it's Deus.

Tried a F-75, CTX 3030, I'm back to my explorer xsN/T
Posted by: Chris(SoCenWI)
Date: October 02, 2017 02:40AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Tried a F-75, CTX 3030, I'm back to my explorer xs
Date: October 05, 2017 07:06PM
Hi Christ, the Explorer XS is a great detector. When I set mine in the closet after getting an Explorer SE my finds when in the crapper. Then I tried the SE Pro and the finds just weren't there as well.
I struggled for years. I sold the SE and SE Pro. Finally got the E-trac and my finds are coming back. But I will never get rid of my XS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login