Findmall.com

Minelab Explorer Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: My most meaningful coin find ever. It's "priceless" to me:angel:
Posted by: Great Republic
Date: January 04, 2009 01:39PM
Great story and find Bryce.You can't ask for a better hunting buddy than dear ole mom. Peace to you and your family and luck in 09.GR

Very cool Bryce! God Bless.N/T
Posted by: bazooka
Date: January 04, 2009 05:01PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Thank you Sir !!!!N/T
Posted by: XLT-user
Date: January 04, 2009 05:42PM

The good Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm sure that was a sign that everything will be OK for you and your family. :clapping:N/T
Posted by: therick
Date: January 04, 2009 08:18PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 08:21PM by therick.

Posted by: JeffInMass
Date: January 04, 2009 08:46PM
Bryce,

I read your posts often and I totally respect what you've said. I lost my dad when I was 16 and not a day goes by that I don't miss him (I'm 48 now). On good Friday in 2004, I was hunting at my favorite local park and found the medal pictured in my avatar. Certainly told me that my dad's watching over me. That medal means more to me than anything I will ever find, including the shilling I was blessed enough to find, and there is no amount of money that would get it off my neck. It means so much in fact that I had it tattooed on my arm in case I ever did lose it.

Walk through life without fear knowing there's always hands on you my friend. When you see her again, it'll be that much more special.

God Bless you always.

Jeff in Mass

Posted by: Derrelld
Date: January 04, 2009 09:22PM
It's a BEAUTIFUL coin, a BEAUTIFUL memory, and a BEAUTIFUL story!!!!!!!!!! Just keep your head up and know she is ALWAYS with you:angel:..
Take Care Bud
Double D

Posted by: nw1886
Date: January 04, 2009 09:52PM
Great thing to share Bryce. May your hurt turn sweet in the times ahead.

Posted by: Bryce-IL
Date: January 04, 2009 10:21PM
Thanks buddy. I appreciate your response. It sure was an up and down year last year.

Here's the link to my field test post containing over 60 different hunts of various coil tests...field tests published in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine...comparisons...nicer finds...etc..:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627,1055627#msg-1055627

Been swingin' the coil since 1972

Started out in 1972 with a Jetco Detector...then the late 70's with a Whites 6000:whites:....then in 1981 went to a Bounty Hunter VLF TR 840:bounty:

Then in the early 1980's I went to a Whites 6000 Di Pro:whites:...mid 80's I went to a Whites Eagle II SL:whites:...Late 80's/Early 90's I went to the Whites XLT:whites:

1990's I used the Fisher CZ5, CZ6, CZ7, 7aPro, and CZ70Pro (still have)...and am currently doing some water hunting with my CZ-21:fisher:...

Started using Minelabs in 1999:minelab:

with a brief stint on the Musketeer while also using the CZ's...then in 2002 I switched to the Minelab Explorers and currently use the Explorer SE Pro as my main machine. I also use the Explorer 2 and E-trac often... and have a CTX3030 I use as a backup:minelab: Might also mention I have an arsenal of coils for the Explorers:thumbup:

"Metal detecting is an escape for me and allows me to find some much needed peace and solace.
Being able to clear my head...even if only for that short while...is much more meaningful than any amount of finds that end up in my pouch"
:angel: "Quote ME"

Date: January 04, 2009 10:22PM
Thanks Double D. I appreciate it my friend

Here's the link to my field test post containing over 60 different hunts of various coil tests...field tests published in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine...comparisons...nicer finds...etc..:

Started out in 1972 with a Jetco Detector...then the late 70's with a Whites 6000:whites:....then in 1981 went to a Bounty Hunter VLF TR 840:bounty:

Then in the early 1980's I went to a Whites 6000 Di Pro:whites:...mid 80's I went to a Whites Eagle II SL:whites:...Late 80's/Early 90's I went to the Whites XLT:whites:

1990's I used the Fisher CZ5, CZ6, CZ7, 7aPro, and CZ70Pro (still have)...and am currently doing some water hunting with my CZ-21:fisher:...

with a brief stint on the Musketeer while also using the CZ's...then in 2002 I switched to the Minelab Explorers and currently use the Explorer SE Pro as my main machine. I also use the Explorer 2 and E-trac often... and have a CTX3030 I use as a backup:minelab: Might also mention I have an arsenal of coils for the Explorers:thumbup:

"Metal detecting is an escape for me and allows me to find some much needed peace and solace.
Being able to clear my head...even if only for that short while...is much more meaningful than any amount of finds that end up in my pouch"

Date: January 04, 2009 10:28PM
Thanks so much Jeff. I remember the pine tree shilling you found....what an incredible dig. I can honestly say I know exactly where you're coming from about the medal you found. After finding this dime...no way I would ever part with it. In fact...I am going to have a nice heavy 14k mounting made for it so I can wear it on my chain. Nice tattoo by the way. I have a similar...but smaller one on my right pec. Talk about a little pain:biggrin:....yikes:crylol:

Re: The good Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm sure that was a sign that everything will be OK for you and your family. :clapping:
Date: January 04, 2009 10:29PM
I hope so my friend....I hope so. I know I will never forget that moment as long as I live. Take care...and thanks for responding.

XLT-user.....Bazooka...thanks for responding fellers' I appreciate it.N/T
Date: January 04, 2009 10:31PM

Date: January 04, 2009 10:33PM
Thanks GR. Same to you my friend. Even when I hunt by myself..which I like to do at times....I'm never alone anymore. I'll have this dime around my neck before long.

Date: January 04, 2009 10:34PM
Thanks for responding Ellis. I hope you have a great new year as well.

Date: January 04, 2009 10:36PM
Thanks Terri. I know she will be with me always...and that she led me right to it. 30 years of hunting there and no silver...yet after about 30 minutes...on that day.....:angel:
Take care Terri...and have a great abd safe 2009

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.