Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
How To Handle A Troll and beat them at their own game............
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: December 07, 2010 04:36PM
This is a complete "how to do it" course on how to handle a troll. One of the best tactics in handling a troll is to just ignore them. After you read this short course, you will know the mind set of a troll and should be able to handle them with ease. Kelley (Texas) :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space/usenet/#one

"Try to live up to your dog's opinion of you!"

Very informative, Fred. I have a few questions, though. :drinking:
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: December 07, 2010 04:43PM
Can a Troll be "cured, or are they always doomed to be Trolls?"

The link didn't cover that, or if it did, I must have missed it.

Greg, I do not know if a Troll can be cured or not............
Date: December 07, 2010 05:20PM
I would guess that it would depend on what makes them live their life as a troll. I think that some are just mean tempered and like their role in life as a Troll. They enjoy being a burr under your saddle blanket. Some folks will take issue with me, but I think that some Trolls are created by us due to the way we treated them when they first came to this Forum. There is one individual for sure, and possibly a second one that falls into this category. The individual that I am talking about is not as he portrays himself to be on this Forum. After I found out a few things about him, I must confess that I flat misjudged him. He is well liked in the community where he lives, is polite and shows respect to those of whom he interacts with on a daily basis, shows support for a local youth program, has a hobby that would be of interest to some of the folks posting on this Forum, and is just generally well liked by others that he comes in contact with. This Troll, if he himself and some of us would back off, take a breath of fresh air, and start showing some respect for each other's views, could possibly lead to having a good member for this Forum. Could this happen, who knows for sure, just speculation on my part. Greg, I just don't know the answer to your question. Kelley (Texas) :)

Sounds like you're talking about two completely different people, Fred. :|N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: December 07, 2010 05:32PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Yes, I am talking about two different people, one a confirmed Troll and one who has been possibly unfairly branded a Troll. :shrug:N/T
Date: December 07, 2010 05:58PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

The confirmed troll Fred..........could he/she really.........
Posted by: Rob/Windsor, Ont.
Date: December 07, 2010 06:09PM
just be angry at the world cause they aren't gettin' laid or sumpin' ? :blink: Tell us more Fred.....we'd like to help :shrug:

Re: How To Handle A Troll and beat them at their own game............
Posted by: goodmore
Date: December 07, 2010 07:01PM
But if you don't respond to a troll then another troll takes the opportunity to do so. Then you have two trolls striking up a whole big troll conversation. Then this troll conversation attracts other trolls. Before you know it the trolls are living in your house with their feet propped up on your sofa. And they have changed the name of the forum to Trollville. And then you realize that while you were worrying about trivial shiet the Trolls all got together and would like to give you the troll finger.

Minelab Detectors

Re: Goodmore, I think you are missing something...
Posted by: Varmint!
Date: December 07, 2010 07:52PM
You haven't been a troll in the classic sense, it was just kind of funny to have you stop by, cape unfurlled, defending the indefensible, and stating it in nearly those words.

In large part, you are something of a good sport, and while your "pride" won't allow you to participate or even allow what a categorically monumental mistake -0- was from the start, you still try from time to time, and that's OK.

Basically, you are an emotional basket case liberal who still clings to the pretense that business is evil, rich representatives are no problem or even worthy of discussion, and you never seem to want to discuss how the "party of the downtrodden" is a fantasy, a made for emotional "receptives" illusion so they can continue to count on your votes. But that's not at all what they are about, and slowly but surely you'll come to realize it. They seek a caste system, where their minions can flock to their feet and beg for "more please, sir?". They reject individual responsibility because it is an athena to the caste system they long to acheive, they need to come across as the champion in order to subjugate.

A troll? Not in my book. Confused and misguided, overly emotional? Certainly. But you'll figure it out, I hope its before they create the caste system you are empowering them to create, but if not, at least you will be forced to "get it" eventually.

DAS

Rob, the confirmed Troll will have to come out of the closet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Date: December 07, 2010 08:13PM
and recognise that he is indeed a Troll. He would have to mend his ways and put forth the effort to earn his place as a member in good standing. Rob, this confirmed Troll would have a tough row to hoe, akin to a long time smoker trying to quit smoking. Some make it and some don't. Kelley (Texas) :shrug:

Re: Goodmore, I think you are missing something...
Posted by: go-rebels
Date: December 07, 2010 09:02PM
Now some psychoanalysis of the rodent who just tries a little too little to explain some centrist position, in a typical half-hearted manner, but DENO-like, always finds himself whip-lashed to the far right with the other Nut Jobs. Of course I love big corporations; I've worked for them all my life. But mind you, not all folks have the advantages I've had, so like every modern Western civilized country we tax the rich and redistribute to the poor. That's the progressive tax system for you as we see in Canada, Great Britain, France, Germany, etc., and that's the way it will be... forever. This country will never tolerate ramshackle slums like I've seen in Mexico City and will not accept the requisite crime such a system spawns in South America. Sarah and your Teas can talk all they want about homespun charity and giving from the church, but even they, as seen this week, will dig deeper into the deficit morass to keep the people (unemployed in this case) from marching the streets.

Simply minded folks think that individual responsibility is some right of the Right and is therefore mutually exclusive compared to the infinite issues sitting left and center. It's so much more of the Right putting their thinking caps down and playing the role of servile dependent to Rush and Glenn rather than any force of logic. It's just too hard for Teas like yourself to ponder the shades of grey; here's a fat tipped Sharpie to color the world.

That kind of small tent thinking will doom your Tea Party in '12, after their bluster about Obamacare and deficit reduction is made apparent for all to see. Wake up! We've seen the front collapse this week regarding the extension of unemployment benefits. The Teas talk strong, but your group has been exposed as the same weak tea we've tasted in Washington for years.

Re: Its pretty intersting to see you get everything wrong, completely wrong every time...
Posted by: Varmint!
Date: December 07, 2010 09:26PM
yet you still think you have a clue.

1). I'm no Sarah fan. The only way I'd vote for her is if the rest of the right was stupid enough to hand her the nomination, I'd have to, your side never once backed away from -0-, they were glad to have him, at least until America spoke and they were forced to listen. Yep, they LOVED the "bailouts" which were little more than a free grant for every liberl cause they could come up with, and they worked overtime to come up with more when they realize the cash cow would feed a division instead of just a detatchment.

2). The TEA party's purpose in my mind is to right the wrongs on the (R) party, to force it to return to its roots. In am no fan of the TEA party, but DO enjoy the shakeup they caused. As a realistic alternative? No way. There are idiots who will vote for (D)s not matter what, and there are idiots who will vote for (R)s no matter what. Its them we have to worry about, so for the forseeable future, all of us are forced to work within the two-party system, or risk splitting the vote (ala Ross Perot) and giving the "win" to the other side. That's the yet, "other side", one side WILL win the big chair, all we can hope for is to get someone who DESERVES the big chair and not the electric chair like the current idiot in chief.

3). In my opinion, Rush and Beck are players on the stage, meant to entertain and "inform" those predisposed to getting their "ideas" from somebody who entertains for a living, your hero Jon Stewart comes to mind as well.

So, you missed on all points as usual, but I'm absolutely certain you thought you nailed it.

Sorry you thought you got a raw deal here, but it is categorically of your own doing. You pretend to know what you are talking about, but all it ever amounts to is yet another opportunity to lash out. I don't blame you as a person, that conflicted feeling you have is the direct result of trying to be a fiscal conservative and a liberal on social matters, the two are diametrically opposed, trying to play the "line between" would drive anybody batty. Its not your fault, all you have to do is choose one or the other, you'll be better off for it.

So, reply, then reply to yourself again, and again, and again, but do it alone, I'm not going to let you play your games again.

DAS

Re: Its pretty intersting to see you get everything wrong, completely wrong every time...
Posted by: Deno
Date: December 07, 2010 09:42PM
You are a varmint! Neither of you are as smart as you think you are.

You left an e out in your subject.

It's that Grey which always befuddles you
Date: December 07, 2010 09:49PM
Ah, yes, another promise broken: "I'm not going to reply to you any more!" I'm not going to call it a "lie", just a lack of discipline. How many times have you thrown in the white towel? I don't have enough fingers.

Your points are plain, all black and white, all Far Right and obvious to all except for some of the Ignorants on this forum that you egg on. Yes, you pegged Glenn, Rush and Jon, but your feigned dismissal of the first two puts you squarely in the Nut Job camp with the remainder of the folks who have put down their thinking cap.

Oh, the Teas have caused a shakeup, but only that which may jostle loose a few moderate Republicans, and those arguable most capable to govern, out of the party. The obvious resultant: stalemate. Congrats; you and I have jobs -- screw the others.

So if the debate related to the Center has you mixed up, I'm not surprised given where you've come from, but it's hardly 'lashing out'. But the majority of the Americans who call themselves Independent give a damn about such things and finds your kind in the same league as Palin. It's just so fashionable today.

Like a moth to a light bulb...

Date: December 07, 2010 09:54PM
Deno
Neither of you are as smart as you think you are.

But we both know how smart you are.

Posted by: Deno
Date: December 07, 2010 09:58PM
I don't think so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login