Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is this real??? Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654
Posted by: R-n-R Magnolia Springs,Ala
Date: July 22, 2011 05:56PM
FROM 1902......... ????

Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654

Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, June 28, 1902. Congressional Record, House, pages 7706-7713 and 321-353, 7594-7595. Also known as the Dick Act of 1902, written by Representative Dick, passed by Congress on June 30, 1902.

"Be it enacted that the militia shall consist of every able-bodied male citizen, respective of States, Territories, and the District of Columbia and every able-bodied male of foreign birth who has declared his intention to become a citizen, who is more than 18 and less than 45 years of age, shall be divided into three classes; the organized militia, to be known as The National Guard of the State, Territory or District of Columbia, or by such other designations by the laws of the respective States or Territories, as may be given by the laws of the respective States or Territories, the national voluntary reserve as provided in this act, and the remainder to be known as the reserve militia."

I can't find the whole bill, but bits and pieces I did find said in no uncertin terms that ANG ie - National Guard units COULD NOT BE USED OVERSEAS......

Vlad - look into this, I know you can weed this out if anybody can.

Old Bandito 1, Sidewinder Umax w/ S-7 coil.(wife and son) Beach Hunter ID w/ 9.5!!!!!. White's XLT "E" W/ 9.5 ! ! !

I didn't surrender, but they captured my horse and made him surrender.- 10 Bears

Calling illegal aliens undocumented workers is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas - DC

R-n-R in Menominee,Michigan now, Look Snow!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 05:57PM by R-n-R Magnolia Springs,Ala.

Re: Is this real??? Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654
Posted by: Jim Pa
Date: July 24, 2011 07:29AM
That is why they call the NG members into Active Service.

Re: Is this real??? Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654
Posted by: bayman
Date: December 24, 2012 09:21AM
Thats just it. The Dick Act says they cannot be put into active service. They cannot be forced to join the Regular Army. They ARE NOT part of the regular Army. Their job is to defend our borders and our shores. Just another thing the government has taken upon themselves to change because we the people just stand to the side and let them do it. What has happened to good old American courage. We should be ashamed to call ourselves American for that very reason.

Wikipedia, You are correct (if the Guard was created in 1903, who is this "guard" gun control refers to from the founding of our nation?)
Posted by: vlad
Date: December 25, 2012 10:23AM
The National Guard was established as a federally funded reserve component of the nation's armed forces on 21 January 1903 with the Militia Act of 1903 under Title 10 and Title 32 of the U.S. Code. The National Defense Act of 1947 created the Air Force as a separate branch of the Armed Forces of the United States and concurrently created the Air National Guard as one of its reserve components, mirroring the Army's component structure. The National Guard of the several states, territories and the District of Columbia serves as part of the first-line defense for the United States.[7] The state National Guard is organized into units stationed in each of the 50 states and US territories, and operates under their respective state governor or territorial adjutant general.[8] The National Guard may be called up for active duty by state governors or territorial adjutant general to help respond to domestic emergencies and disasters, such as hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.[8]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login