Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Great Lakes nearl frozen over--breaks a 20 year record.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 08, 2014 09:28AM
" The lake is 92 percent frozen, toppling a 20-year-old record of 91 percent set on Feb. 5, 1994. That statistic helped total Great Lakes ice cover soar, and we can expect to see more form in coming days. "

Check out the satellite pic in the link. You can barely see Lake Michigan.

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2014/02/great_lakes_added_11_percent_i.html

Greg, we need to send a picture of this to Al Gore! :shrug:N/T
Posted by: Kelley (Texas)
Date: February 08, 2014 09:41AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Greg, we need to send a picture of this to Al Gore! :shrug:
Posted by: Old Longhair
Date: February 08, 2014 10:07AM
The upside is that nothing will do more to raise lake levels back up than them being frozen over and snow piling up on them. Cold dry wind draws more water off through evaporation and causes lake levels to go down more than any other reason.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Only Difference Between A Rut And A Grave........Is Depth!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Ingham County, Michigan

Re: Great Lakes nearl frozen over--breaks a 20 year record.
Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: February 08, 2014 10:08AM
Yeah...I live on the edge of Lake Mich...just hoping that some of the big ice really plows up some old gold in the Spring, which it might do if we get some heavy wind at just the right time..right now, our 7 day weather forecast is not showing any temps above freezing..most of it in the teens and single digits, and its snowing again today...we have a 35 yr record snowfall this winter, so yes, the water will be up when it all melts in July.
Mud.

Detecting is the study of Humans interaction with topography, the untrustworthyness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the earth from whence it came.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 10:09AM by mudpuppy.

Re: Great Lakes nearl frozen over--breaks a 20 year record.
Posted by: boneykid
Date: February 08, 2014 04:03PM
I told y'all global warming / climate change was real ...but, nooo, you wouldn't believe me. Arriba Al Gore !!!:pinnochio

He would just ignore it.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: February 08, 2014 06:30PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: He would just ignore it.
Posted by: razerback408
Date: February 08, 2014 07:15PM
some has payed way to much carben tax to Al Gore it wasent me :shrug:

Re: Greg, we need to send a picture of this to Al Gore! :shrug:
Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: February 08, 2014 08:13PM
Al will have an explanation for this photo. He will defend global warming by saying, "because the Earth is heating up... this situation creates more moisture in the air. Hence, come Winter this precipitation falls and creates more ice".:rofl: Sad thing is, many will believe this pile of

Kelley (Texas)
Greg, we need to send a picture of this to Al Gore! :shrug:

When we have accepted the worst, we have nothing more to lose. This automatically means - we have everything to gain!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login