Findmall.com

Be sure and visit The Story Forum!

Views Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I received a message from an in'law today. Rather shocking to say the least! It reminds me of Lori. Watch and feel what I feel sometimes.
Posted by: Steve O
Date: November 08, 2017 06:33AM
Around here in SE PA, Phila and surrounding areas, we have a tendency to be a bit brash when describing people. We sound anti this and racist that, but we are not as bad as we sound. We call different races and religions slang names that can be classless. Mostly trying to be humorous when telling a story or talking about an incident.

The high school I attended in Phila. was in an area where many Jews lived. I had many friends that were Jewish but mostly the rebel ones...for the lack of a better description. They weren't much different than us mongrels.....they did dress better though, lol

I have to say, their sense of humor was very entertaining and witty. The tough ones were very tough and the meek ones were extremely non violent....very intelligent people.

My point is.....people often exaggerate their true feelings. They aren't as prejudice and hateful as their words. We ALL have slang names for all races and types of people we come across.

At least for the people I know and myself, will throw in a slang every now and then. Thinking about it, my wife doesn't do that, nor did my father or mother....grand ma did though.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I received a message from an in'law today. Rather shocking to say the least! It reminds me of Lori. Watch and feel what I feel sometimes.

bulletman206November 07, 2017 06:59PM

Re: I received a message from an in'law today. Rather shocking to say the least! It reminds me of Lori. Watch and feel what I feel sometimes.

Steve O49November 08, 2017 06:33AM

Exaggerate..........

vlad75November 08, 2017 07:45AM

Re: Exaggerate..........

Steve O42November 08, 2017 10:30AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login