Findmall.com

Minelab Sovereign Elite/GT and Excalibur Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: FBS VS BBS Frequency Spectrum
Posted by: Critterhunter
Date: February 19, 2012 01:53PM
Neil, not all my sites are mineralized. Here in Northeast Ohio we have soil that ranges from rich deep dark top soil all the way to hard packed limestone based clay. We have a lot of limestone bed rock in my area. Many of my sites are mineralized, though. Not all, but many. The Sovereign runs smoother over these sites than any machine I've ever owned.

I've seen references to that same fact from other people here and there. For instance, I think his name is JBow. I remember a message from him where I think (from memory!) he said he used an Etrac and one or two other flagship detectors at one particular site. None of them would give steady target IDs and were having trouble with the soil. He said he fired up his GT and it was giving him much more stable target IDs and he made some good finds there with it.

Why is that? Why would those flagship models have such a hard time with a particular site while the GT did better? You tell me because I'd like to know. Is it the frequencies being put out on one machine versus the other? I don't know. All I can say is that I had a much harder time keeping my Explorers stable at some of my sites than I do with the GT. I think my soil "likes" BBS better, but that's just a total guess. Take it or leave it.

I'm sure Minelab has a very good reason for using such high frequencies on FBS machines. Obviously there's some kind of reason or they wouldn't need to do it. I just would like to know what that reason is, and whether (it appears, anyway) those high frequencies can cause problems in certain mineralized forms of ground matrix. Maybe it's not a common thing and some of the sites I hunt are just the "perfect storm" in terms of minerals that can give it problems.

mining members for own forum

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FBS VS BBS Frequency Spectrum

Critterhunter671February 17, 2012 09:06AM

Critterhunter129February 19, 2012 01:53PM

Neil74February 18, 2012 07:52PM

dewcon441479February 18, 2012 06:24PM

Critterhunter83February 19, 2012 01:38PM

Critterhunter122February 18, 2012 11:46AM

Critterhunter66February 18, 2012 11:05AM

Ralph Sun Ray116February 18, 2012 11:00AM

Re: FBS VS BBS Frequency Spectrum URL

Neil109February 17, 2012 05:42PM

scoper78February 17, 2012 12:47PM

imalookin267February 17, 2012 10:03AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login