Findmall.com

Minelab Excalibur & Sovereign Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Excalibur supply voltage range?
Posted by: bklein
Date: March 26, 2017 06:11PM
Originally I had two boards, repaired them and sent them back. They had different markings and color of components as you say. One board had better sensitivity than the other with the crappy coil I was using. Now I have one of those two boards back (damaged traces to fix again). Got an Excal II decal with the kit. Just want to keep honest if the board is not really an Excal II.

On the battery, once charged a 4 series cell Lipoly - depending on whether 3.8 or 3.7V cells used - might start at 16V fresh from the charger (cutoff 4.0V).
(Need to use 4 cells to get the most duration out of the pack - keep voltage up past 10.5V.) The electrolytic and some tantalum caps on the boards are 16V rated and might fail.

AA alkalines might be 1.3V each or so once expired, for 10.4V for an 8 cell pack. A 3 lipoly cell might average ~10.5V for the majority of use (~3.5V is around the normal baseline for each).
So I'm really wondering what the optimum operational voltage range is. I'll try my bench supply once I get the board working. Anyone know how many cells are used in the aftermarket Lipoly packs?

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Excalibur supply voltage range?

bklein385March 26, 2017 03:04PM

Re: Excalibur supply voltage range? Jpeg Attachments

OldBeechnut220March 26, 2017 08:58PM

OldBeechnut188March 26, 2017 04:29PM

bklein205March 26, 2017 06:11PM

bklein144April 16, 2017 11:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login