Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Adapting White's Coils to Makro Racer 2 metal detector
Posted by: TC-NM
Date: November 22, 2016 01:26PM
All,

I have a Makro Racer 2 which shares the same 14 kHz. as the MXT. Makro only offers DD's. It would be nice to complement it with concentric coils, don't you think?

Wondering if you can or has someone thought in using White's concentric coils (Eclipse 5.3, Eclipse 950 and Super 12) or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

The reason I ask is the Spectra V3 uses both types of coils (DD and Concentric) with no problems. In fact when I owned a Spectra V3, I used the 5.3 more than the DD.

I would like to hear comments about this, Thanks TC-NM.

White's XL Pro -- Minelab E-Trac -- Makro Racer 2 -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Macally Wireless HP -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Re: Adapting White's Coils to Makro Racer 2 metal detector
Posted by: Sven
Date: November 26, 2016 05:08PM
Switching coils from one make to another usually does not give satisfactory results if at all.
Being on the same frequency does not mean they will work interchangeably. There are a lot of other factors involved.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Notka Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: TC-NM
Date: November 28, 2016 11:53AM
Well Sven what other factors are involved, can you be more specific?

Thanks,

Sven
Switching coils from one make to another usually does not give satisfactory results if at all.
Being on the same frequency does not mean they will work interchangeably. There are a lot of other factors involved.

White's XL Pro -- Minelab E-Trac -- Makro Racer 2 -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Macally Wireless HP -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Posted by: Sven
Date: November 29, 2016 05:48PM
Inductance, resistance, capacitance, frequency
Wire type and diameter, amount of wire winds, shielding, some coils have built in circuit boards,nulling.....................

http://www.geotech1.com/pages/metdet/info/coils.pdf

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Notka Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login