Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Mods to Whites Classic line.
Posted by: TXPIRATE
Date: December 13, 2016 03:55PM
Or the Mods to the Classic series. Worth the money what our the advantages. I have the classic 2 and got it for a good price. so a $100 mod. could and depth.

Re: Mods to Whites Classic line.
Posted by: airscapes
Date: December 13, 2016 06:55PM
I did a classic 2 I got for nothing. think it worked better before the mods..

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Re: Mods to Whites Classic line.
Posted by: HaloEffect426
Date: January 04, 2017 08:25PM
I found a classic ID at a pawn shop tht was like brand new..couple years ago....did all the mods for it...one was for better target ID ing....a manual ground balance and one for a little better depth.....if i were to do them over again...i wouldn't. Bother with the better target id. (If i remember right...for the id display to id targets a lil more accurately and at a little more depth.).....i think it made it a lil worse....you had to get to the circuit board that ran the display....behind the display itself. And that was a bit too delicate. To be getting into.... Even with my many years in the electronics field. and change one component to a diff. Value...(think is was a resistor... )

Now for the depth and the manual ground balance option.. Those definitely. Made a difference. For the better.
This is just my opinion. Though.
HH. HaloEffect426. :detecting:

Detecting since 1974 !
Detectors owned = D-Tex, Tiny Tex (BFO) Whites 1db. 6db. 6000Di. Teknetics 8500b. Mini Red Baron
(Bounty Hunter) Whites Eagle two sl '90. Spectrum.
Garrett AT Pro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login