Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
greyghost amphibian on excallibur 1
Posted by: mike k.
Date: December 14, 2016 01:20PM
Anyone know if ear muff coil should be removed ,for more volume ,on the greyghost amphibian phones , when used with excallibur 1 ? I believe this is what is required when using the greyghost underwater headphones ,on the excallibur 1 . The greyghost underwater phones do not have a volume control ,whereas the greyghost amphibians do . - thanks

Re: greyghost amphibian on excallibur 1
Posted by: tvr
Date: December 15, 2016 04:57PM
The GreyGhost (GG) Amphibian headphones produce very good volume with an Excalibur by all reports I've seen. No need to modify other than wiring them into the detector.

It is only with the GG Underwater head phones that you need to remove the transformer to get usable volume with the Excalibur. I have a set of GG Underwater headphones on a blue tube Excal that I had to take the transformer out for good, usable sound levels.

I've got a set of GG Amphibians that I have still in the box that are waiting for the warranty to run out on an Excal II before I put them on it and do the pinpoint switch mod.

Posted by: mike k.
Date: December 15, 2016 05:25PM
ok thanks for the information .

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: December 23, 2016 09:46AM
The Amphibians do not have the small coil, this video is for the GGUW's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQa05Oe7qU

Effort is Important, But knowing where to make an effort can make all the difference!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login