Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
wire diagram
Posted by: sasquache
Date: January 15, 2017 11:36AM
Hello I have a whites dfx and a 10x12 sef coil with a bad plug but did work intermittent and pinpoint worked also, so to fixI cut and re soldered plug now the coil works great except when I pinpoint it is off not in the middle but on the sides, first set of wires were# 2 black wire,# 1 copper strands. Second set is,clear coated wire went to #4,copper strand went to #5. I did copy them exactly am I missing anything!

Re: wire diagram
Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: January 15, 2017 08:40PM
Sounds like you have 2 wires backward, maybe some one on here can explain which color wires go to what.

Posted by: TH'er
Date: January 16, 2017 04:31AM
sasquache
Hello I have a whites dfx and a 10x12 sef coil with a bad plug but did work intermittent and pinpoint worked also, so to fixI cut and re soldered plug now the coil works great except when I pinpoint it is off not in the middle but on the sides, first set of wires were# 2 black wire,# 1 copper strands. Second set is,clear coated wire went to #4,copper strand went to #5. I did copy them exactly am I missing anything!

Double check your connections, though looks to be the same as my SEF/DFX coil. Some intricate soldering required here. Be sure there are not wires touching, you can interleave the terminals with small strips of electrical tape. See how it works without the outer sleeve connected. Maybe it is causing a short. Good luck, but could be a bad coil.

Date: January 16, 2017 06:56AM
Thank you for the info I will double check the connections and use tape in between connections and I will double check wires on the right numbers.

Date: January 16, 2017 08:08AM
Thank you for all your help I had wires 4 and 5 backwards the coil works as it should now .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login