Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Vaquero/compadre coil swap
Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: February 01, 2017 09:04PM
Can I swap the coils between the vaquero and the compadre? I am not interested in getting into the circuit board of the compadre and doing the housing/back mount. I'd rather do an exterior pigtail connector, just like the one that comes stock on a Tesoro delta style coil (except female)... is anyone aware of any issues that might arise as far as compatibility is concerned?

Herb Jones
I am a world class idiot... hang out for a while and I'll prove it!

Garrett Master Hunter featherweight groundhog, American S3 / Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Eldorado( metal case), Tiger Shark.

Re: Vaquero/compadre coil swap
Posted by: DigPan
Date: February 02, 2017 08:18AM
You just proved it.

Re: Vaquero/compadre coil swap
Date: February 02, 2017 10:12AM
DigPan
You just proved it.
$&@"@& you too

Herb Jones

Garrett Master Hunter featherweight groundhog, American S3 / Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Eldorado( metal case), Tiger Shark.

different frequency range on those...
Posted by: pinenut
Date: February 07, 2017 10:15PM
Coils for the Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon and I think, the Lobo, are tuned for higher frequency operation than those which can work on Compadre.
Vaquero uses the 4 pin "Delta" series, and the Compadre can be modified to use the 5 pin "Epsilon" coils.
So, the answer to your question is no.

Dirty Old Digger

Re: different frequency range on those...
Date: February 07, 2017 11:35PM
pinenut
Coils for the Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon and I think, the Lobo, are tuned for higher frequency operation than those which can work on Compadre.
Vaquero uses the 4 pin "Delta" series, and the Compadre can be modified to use the 5 pin "Epsilon" coils.
So, the answer to your question is no.

Thank you

Herb Jones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login