Findmall.com

Modifications Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Excal Pot
Posted by: lasergod
Date: February 21, 2017 05:54PM
Guys, anyone know the part number or source for an Excal potentiometer. I sent mine in for repair. It has been to long. I want to replace it my self. Any ideas? I think I need the switch for pinpoint/ Disc.

Re: Excal Pot
Posted by: surfman
Date: February 21, 2017 09:59PM
I don't think you're going to find one. Joe Beechnut firgured out how to make one work but it's a job. Seems like the pots are Minelabs own parts. If they could be had that would be huge. I believe there's two different pots, one with a switch and one that doesn't. Good luck and let us know if you find them.

Been in the detecting hobby for around 17 years. Currently using; Minelab CTX3030 w/stock and 6" coils. For beach and water I have two Minelab Excaliburs. An Excal II, 10"on an Anderson Carbon Fiber over and under and a Blue 1000 with a 12x10sef on a green Anderson over and under. Both with remote PP and modified headphones.

Oldest Copper; 1694 King William&Mary

Oldest Silver; 1792 Half Reale

Gold Coin; 1852 $1.00 (Found with ATPro)

YouTube Channel; surfman1968

Posted by: Mel Parker
Date: February 24, 2017 01:30PM
Which pot is it?

A.H Pro Backpacker
Fisher 1266X Modified
Sovereign GT Modified
Sovereign GT water machine
Troy Shadow X5 water machine
Whites MXT Modified
Whites Dual Field PI Modified
6 Minelab Excals all modified (4 NYs, 1 Excal 1000 & 1 Excal test unit)

Excals "Hunt with them and for them".

Posted by: lasergod
Date: February 26, 2017 09:00PM
Mel, I believe it was the pinpoint/discrim. I might have forgotten it has been so long... LoL. I believe they are doing a good job. I just want to get out there with it.

I am getting cranky in my old age. LoL

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: March 01, 2017 10:31PM
Posted by: bklein
Date: March 29, 2017 09:37PM
The pinpoint/disc pot is just used for the switch. Any value will work. Check Mouser or Allied. You will need to make a slotted sleeve to put over the shaft (glued)out of brass tubing. Other excal forums give part numbers to order. Check for 10k or 100k whatever's cheaper.

Posted by: vleonard1844
Date: June 06, 2017 12:19PM
I bought a few online a year ago and had to make a slotted tube to slide over the shaft and super glued it on.
Hit me back if you need the supplier information.
I got the info from Joe Priest.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login